Need help with Tag Holder

twotonevert

Member of P.E.A.
Donating Member
Registered
Juli and I took the bikes out for while tonight and a kind motorist pointed out that I was draggin my tag. AHHH, crap. It ruined my Dragon tag frame and broke my signal wires. Does anyone have a tag holder that will bolt up in the stock location. I know I have seen someone make them out of aluminum, but I need something I can mount the tag and lights on. I will have to order new LED signals too, the wires were ripped out of mine. Any and all ideas appreciated, I would love an undertail but I am broke right now and need the most economical fix.

Does her tail still look like this? How much of the stock plastic is still there?

ttv.jpg

Yes, the tail is still like that. I will take a better pic of the holder for you.

Juli_s_first_ride_006.jpg

I bought one that bolts up there off of ebay, very simple.. 20 dollars or so..even had to holes on the side to mount the aftermarket turn signals.

Sorry about the blurry pic, but you can what is left of the tag holder.

busa_007.jpg

Here is the tag holder itself. The tag light is gone, and the turn signals no longer have wire in them.

busa_008.jpg

james i can probably build something to work for you if you want to give me a call tomorrow

fess up James..... draggin tail doing wheelies right??

Or maybe Juli was out doing the same while you were at the store? Hmmmmm....

And when the hell did Kyle chnage his name
guns.gif
guns.gif
guns.gif
argue.gif
Good luck James
beerchug.gif

guns.gif

guns.gif

fess up James..... draggin tail doing wheelies right??

Or maybe Juli was out doing the same while you were at the store? Hmmmmm....
LOL, I think Juli took the busa out one day and abused her. But really, the new Dragon tag frame is metal and heavy, and with the washboard roads we have here in Tulsa, it was just a matter of time.

When I cut the shovel off mine I fabricated a new plate bracket out of some scrap .080" aluminum, just cut it to shape, bent it & drilled mounting holes, also put a little rectangular reinforcement backing plate on the other side of the undertail (under the hump) then just bolted it up, I guarantee mine ain't going anywhere, very secure & lightwieght too.

tail.jpg

James, Do you want to keep separate signals or integrate them? I wish I lived closer, this would be done already.

Back