need help with antifreeze?

birdaprey

Registered
ok my question is why can't I put the whole 2950ml of coolant in my bike that the service manual shows it holds?
I fushed the system with 50/50 distilled water and vinegar which would only hold around 2200ml or so...
I ran it  agian with just the distilled water. same amount...
then I started adding my coolant a 50/50 pre mixed solution.
but again could only get around 2200mls in the radiator. (yes I rocked the bike side to side to bleed it) then I ran the bike till it started to overflow from the radiator.
all I could put  in the overflow tank was around 200mls more .
total amount that would fit in the bike was only around 2400mls?
but the service book shows 2950mls?
what happened ??  or is this the correct amount 2400mls (did some old fluid stay in the block? making up the diff. from what the book shows)

once the bike cooled down for the 3rd time I did get another 100mls in the overflow tank... but when I ran her till the fan cut on for a 4th time the overfow tank was over the full line by 100mls... ( I know because I took 100mls back out, to get it to the fill line agian) even if I leave the extra 100mls in there to where the over flow will be at the fill mark when cold. where is the rest (400ml differences coming in at)

<!--EDIT|birdaprey
Reason for Edit: None given...|1131939721 -->

Busa rad's are known to hold air pockets. You need to get the bike hot a few times and re check the fluid.

I'm getting ready to change mine for the first time. Any advice on how to drain and fill? How about which coolant to use, too.
Thanks,

If it dont get cold where you live then use distilled and red line water wetter or Engine Ice and put a Muzzy fan on with a on/off switch so you can turn it on when you ride slow always let your motor heat all the way untill your thermostat opens all the way then top off. every 10 degrees is 1.5% more power.www.1320straightliners.com

ok.. well I put 100mls more in the over flow tank which puts me at full line when the bike is stone cold.
still don't know where the other 400mls difference comes in at.

but I'm tired of worrying about it
mad.gif

its time to get out and ride it
biggrin.gif

jump9.gif

Back