Need help on aftermarket blinkers

lazerbusa

Registered
Bought a nice pair of small LED signals. Installation went well, but now they blink way too fast. I heard you can splice in a resistor to slow them down. Does anyone know what ohm and type of resister I need? Also do I need one or 2 for each side. Thanks!

Try searching for 'blinking signals' or 'signal resistors'. There are lots of threads out there, but this one may help.

At your local motorcycle shop they should sell resistors for $7 bucks a pair. These are ready to go with housing and all. Or you can go the cheap route and go to the local radio shack and purchase resistors and save a couple of bucks from the ones you can pruchase at the motorcycle shop.

Or you can go to the local autoparts store and get a $7 Heavy Duty Flasher. I think they are made for trailers, but it will work fine. That's what I did. Then you push the wires out of the back of your relay box and connect them to it. Piece of cake.

Good luck.

Thanks to all. thebbbusa, that flasher seems the way to go . Thanks again.
beerchug.gif

Bought a nice pair of small LED signals. Installation went well, but now they blink way too fast. I heard you can splice in a resistor to slow them down. Does anyone know what ohm and type of resister I need? Also do I need one or 2 for each side. Thanks!
I just installed a tailamp integrator kit on my Busa. It is all LEDs and it came with two 5 Ohm resistors. I installed those and the blinking rate came back to normal. No biggie.

You can get the flashers but a 10watt 5 Ohm resistor will work as well (one for each side).

regards,
Jim

Radio shack $ 1.97 for a two pack of 10 watt 10 ohm ceramic resistors.

I just installed a tailamp integrator kit on my Busa. It is all LEDs and it came with two 5 Ohm resistors. I installed those and the blinking rate came back to normal. No biggie.

You can get the flashers but a 10watt 5 Ohm resistor will work as well (one for each side).

regards,
Jim
The resistors work well too, but you have to be careful with some of them, they can get hot. So watch where you mount them.

Good luck!

I went with thebbbusa flasher mod. Excellent suggestion, dude! Install was a peice of cake, like you said. I even like the slightly louder flash so you can hear it to remind you it is on. Thanks again.

<!--EDIT|lazerbusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1131822794 -->

Back