Need Help Deciding on a Full Exhaust

Cuffee

Donating Member
Registered
Ok... I have finally gotten the approval to get a full exhaust.

The three that I am looking at are:
Micron Race Full Exhaust,
BDE Generation III Full Exhaust (is this the same as Hindle??), and Yosh TRS Full Exhaust.

I am leaning towards the Micron Race Full Exhaust.

I have purchased a PCIII to complement my full exhaust.

What I am looking for is a little extra power and nice deep throaty sound. Also, the pipe must be a carbon fiber pipe.

Please give me some feedback!
Thanks,
D-

<!--EDIT|Cuffee
Reason for Edit: None given...|1122849904 -->

BDE Gen 3 was my choice.

Nice throaty rumble at idle, howls like a banshee WOT. Not too loud, but louder than stock.

If you are set on Carbon Fiber, get the polished one through Veltune - it looks sharp. I opted for the polished titanium

Busa_001_4_2_05.jpg

BDE Gen 3 was my choice.

Nice throaty rumble at idle, howls like a banshee WOT.  Not too loud, but louder than stock.  

If you are set on Carbon Fiber, get the polished one through Veltune - it looks sharp.  I opted for the polished titanium
Is BDE Gen 3 the same as a Hindle Exhaust?

No, the BDE has a different header pipe. Plus you get the BDE map, which is supposed to be really good unless you plan to dyno it yourself. If you're on the fence call them, you'll be glad you talked to them.

I looked all around town and decided on the BDE. I talked to a couple guys with them and they had nothing but good stuff to say.

Mine should be here TOMORROW!

Gotta say I have only had my full Micron exhaust for about 10 days now, but I love it! The sound is just awesome & unique, and the quality of the Micron system is top notch. The system is very - very Light, no cheap materials or crap welds here. As for HP gains, Im not sure for the numbers yet, as Im still waiting for Dyno time. I will say that my seat of the pants impression is a Drastic difference over stock. Acceleration is very crisp with the Johnnycheese map for the pcIIIusb. Company support is great, call Micron coperate, than call some of the other guys - see what type of customer support your gonna be dealing with if a problem arises. The Looks of the Micron to me are just what the Dr. ordered. Very clean, flowing lines, many options if you decide to change color, etc...

Oh yeah cant forget to mention this--do not buy this system if you dont like attention. The sound really turns heads, not tiny sounding at all...nice and deep, but open her up past 5K and it give me goosebumps just thinking of the sound the Micron produces...Very Wicked! I will try to post a sound clip in sometime this morning when I get off work and have a chance to record one.

www.thevmc.com Link no longer works

No, the BDE has a different header pipe.  Plus you get the BDE map, which is supposed to be really good unless you plan to dyno it yourself.  If you're on the fence call them, you'll be glad you talked to them.

I looked all around town and decided on the BDE.  I talked to a couple guys with them and they had nothing but good stuff to say.  

Mine should be here TOMORROW!
Thanks! I actually ordered the Micron Race exhaust last night. It was a toss-up between the BDE and the Micron. I chose Micron because of many of the write-ups and I have experience with them. Needless to say I can't wait until the UPS man comes :-)

Gotta say I have only had my full Micron exhaust for about 10 days now, but I love it! The sound is just awesome & unique, and the quality of the Micron system is top notch. The system is very - very Light, no cheap materials or crap welds here. As for HP gains, Im not sure for the numbers yet, as Im still waiting for Dyno time. I will say that my seat of the pants impression is a Drastic difference over stock. Acceleration is very crisp with the Johnnycheese map for the pcIIIusb. Company support is great, call Micron coperate, than call some of the other guys - see what type of customer support your gonna be dealing with if a problem arises. The Looks of the Micron to me are just what the Dr. ordered. Very clean, flowing lines, many options if you decide to change color, etc...

Oh yeah cant forget to mention this--do not buy this system if you dont like attention. The sound really turns heads, not tiny sounding at all...nice and deep, but open her up past 5K and it give me goosebumps just thinking of the sound the Micron produces...Very Wicked! I will try to post a sound clip in sometime this morning when I get off work and have a chance to record one.

www.thevmc.com Link no longer works
Thanks for the info! I can't wait until the ups man comes. Did you have any installation issues? Also, send me Micron's corp number. I would like to have that handy during the installation.
Thanks,
D-

No real Issues, just time consuming. I did pull off the oil cooler, and took the radiator off the mounts, but kept the hoses connected to the radiator. I completely hate my horn, as it was always in the way...be sure you unbolt it. Also a good tip is to use a piece of cardboard on the backside of the radiator, so you dont bang it all up. Torque header bolts to 16.5 Lbs, and maybe get yourself some new gaskets - I reused mine without issue, but all up to you. Be sure to put the oil cooler extension on your left side ( it is supplied in the kit) it gives you extra clearing of the No#2 Header. Your tubes will get gold almost instantly, but looks real nice. What color can did you go with?

The USA side of Micron can be reached at 1.888.963.1212 ---- Bruce or Doug are very helpful - Im gonna try recording a sound clip on my new mp3 player sometime today, so I will post it if I can get it to work. Congrats on the system - Im completely happy with mine, and wouldnt trade it for any other system out there at this time.
biggrin.gif

No real Issues, just time consuming. I did pull off the oil cooler, and took the radiator off the mounts, but kept the hoses connected to the radiator. I completely hate my horn, as it was always in the way...be sure you unbolt it. Also a good tip is to use a piece of cardboard on the backside of the radiator, so you dont bang it all up. Torque header bolts to 16.5 Lbs, and maybe get yourself some new gaskets - I reused mine without issue, but all up to you. Be sure to put the oil cooler extension on your left side ( it is supplied in the kit) it gives you extra clearing of the No#2 Header. Your tubes will get gold almost instantly, but looks real nice. What color can did you go with?

The USA side of Micron can be reached at 1.888.963.1212 ---- Bruce or Doug are very helpful - Im gonna try recording a sound clip on my new mp3 player sometime today, so I will post it if I can get it to work. Congrats on the system - Im completely happy with mine, and wouldnt trade it for any other system out there at this time.
biggrin.gif
Thanks for the info. I will be printing this topic. Hopefully my exhaust will come in this week on early next week. I, also, plan on doing the pair-block off mod and the fan mod. I figure since I will be adding the exhaust...I might as well do those mods. I am looking forward to this huge task. It should be fun.

Also, I have to get a torque wrench.

My bike in an 04 LE. So I ordered the black/red can. I am excited!!!!

Just finished installing my 4-1 Muzzy system The only thing i can say is AWSOME. Will include pics later. Boy my nieghbors are going to hate it . LOUD But sounds good

I remember when I was waiting for my system to arrive. I was like a kid waiting for candy. I installed the system myself and was thinking of how nice it would be to install a turbo on the girl. Anyway I went with the yosh trs carbon fiber full race set up and love it. It's not to loud when I'm taking it easy but when I twist it I just love the sound. Anyway good luck with your install and be safe bro.

I remember when I was waiting for my system to arrive. I was like a kid waiting for candy. I installed the system myself and was thinking of how nice it would be to install a turbo on the girl. Anyway I went with the yosh trs carbon fiber full race set up and love it. It's not to loud when I'm taking it easy but when I twist it I just love the sound. Anyway good luck with your install and be safe bro.
Thanks Ike!

My Micron exhaust came in yesterday. My PCIII came in the day before yesterday. My pair block off plates come in today. The only thing that I am missing is my Muzzy fan.

I guess you know what I will be doing this weekend. I can't wait until all is complete. I can't wait......I will post pics once everything is done.

D-

Sounds like you will be busy this weekend! Congrats on your purchases. Microns sound great and produce lots of power..........

thats good coz i have just sent e-mail to um asking how much it will cost for 4into1 pipes and the scorched titanium overal can.
but can any1 help me? is 4into1 as good as 4into2? and will there be any power loss thro this?
rock.gif

thats good coz i have just sent e-mail to um asking how much it will cost for 4into1 pipes and the scorched titanium overal can.
but can any1 help me? is 4into1 as good as 4into2? and will there be any power loss thro this?
rock.gif
4-1 is equal to, or possibly better than 4-2 powerwise depending on brand. A 4-2 full system will give the same potential gain as 4-1, but you have less weight with the 4-1. 4-2 slip-ons will not give you any noticeable power gain, just changes the sound.

cheers mr brown will look into that because next month im insuring her so i can get back out onit,but all i have is standard pipes and carbon cans onit,but they aint much cop, because when i went out for a rideout awhile ago with afew m8's the heat of the cans put bubbles in the blue plastic around um.so i got a pin and um
biggrin.gif
they sound ok but i still got the cat and all on the bike due to the standard pipes
sad.gif

Back