Need advise

nyrazedbusa

Registered
Hello everyone, I went down to Mexico this past weekend. No problems getting there. I went to start bike after gassing up and she would not start. sounded like a bad battery 2003 busa with 21000+ miles original battery. I gave the bike a boost and it started. I got a new battery in San Diego bike started up . i rode back into Rosarito and was in traffic for a bout 1 1/2 hour. For all of you that are thinking, why didn't he split lanes, well it is a bit difficult when you have 5 rows of cars and trucks on 3 lanes. my fan went on for a while temp never got past half line. when i got to condo i turned off bike I went to restart and nada. i push started and she ran . parked it and had Mucho DOS XX . next morning went to push start and nada . we used a battery boost machine she turned over but as soon as i disconnected the machine she stalled. I ended up towing her back to States. what do you guys think bad battery , charging system, short Please Help

rectifier same thing mine fried last mo. at only 5800 miles I had her only 3mo. at the time. was your butt on fire?
rock.gif
? mine was.

busa_full_right.jpg

check the battery with a voltage meter while the bike is off then again with the bike running with the RPMs well above idle. If you show the same or lower voltage your charging system needs attention, if it registers higher while the bike is running then you need to load test your battery.

Back