Need advice from real experience!!!

OB_Badagindo

Registered
My blue/silver hayabusa is sitting on a dealer's back lot awaiting back-ordered parts for repair of my recent lay-down. Although most of the plastic will be replaced (except the left big fairing), I'm concerned about the hot sun of Arizona doing MORE damage to the good remaining finish of the bike during the 2-3 weeks it is sitting. I did throw a blanket over the seat, and the dealer doesn't seemed concerned (do they ever?). The bike is normally garaged, home and work, so I don't have experience.

Should I insist they move it out of the sun if it's going to sit, or am I over-reacting? WIll it be okay for another 2-3 weeks?

Thanks in advance!

Baby it as much as you can. If they can't move it in, definately cover it from direct sunlight. Nothing wrong with protecting an $11,000 bike.

Thradar, I'm with you. No crashes on my 'Busa. I think some of these guys need to get a rebel 250 or something........before they hurt themselves!

We keep our bikes outside in the day and in at night (no room to store during the day)
But while you are waiting take it home till the parts get in I am sure they would be happy to free up space and not have to worry about any further damage to the bike.
At our shop space is a premium.
Get it out of the sun it is not going to help anything.

A funny aside: When i traded my CB1000 in for the Busa, they stuck it on the showroom floor. The only used bike inside...all the other used ones where out in the rain. They sold it 4 days later. Wasn't homeless for long.

Thradar and Mabusa,

Why is it that you two seem to only put others down. You guys must be making a S**t load of money, because you talk like your a couple of professionals (who by the way lay theirs down occasionally). Every reply that comes from you two is either a crack on someone else or a sarcastic remark. Have either of you posted something helpful? Or are you so bad that you try and make others look bad to make your self feel better? You know, people who talk the most s**t are usually the ones who are full of the most s**t. Keep your wise azz remarks to yourself until we see both of you smart azzes on ESPN.

Keep It On One Wheel!!!

[This message has been edited by GOGETA (edited 21 May 2000).]

The dealer should either cover it, or just sell you a generic cover with no heat guard. It is basically a big garbage bag and they are cheap enough. Even though your mount is tattered and torn, they still attract attention. Some dealers are truly too busy to watch your bike, so you may want to sneak a peek at it once in a while. In arizona a 2 week backorder means you'll be cruisin' by Labor day.

GOGETA: Jesus, been addicted to the internet for long? You sure seem to take it seriously. Oh, was that a wisecrack? Lighten the fuk up! And why do I sound like a professional? Because I can spell and use punctuation? Oh shite, I let another wisecrack slip out...sorry. :)

Back