Nearly dropoed the bike.

newman

Registered
Went for a drive with my girlfriend yesterday, first at a mini roundabout, as I'm in England we give way to the right a woman was indicating left and at the last second indicated right, she was already on the roundabout, well as I always do I always wait at roundabouts junction etc until it is absolutely clear as you should so I was OK, but next and I admit it was my own fault for being stupid at another mini roundabout I was just sitting there waiting for it to be clear a car indicated right then turned left and like a silly sod I waved my fist at it lost balance and felt the bike tipping right, what a heavy lump it seemed like, luckily my girlfriend felt it and put her foot down as well and saved the day. I don't usually shake fists or anything like that and I've Learnt my lesson and will not be doing it again, but it just goes to show you I got annoyed about the first incident and my emotion got the better of me the second time. I always say to my girlfriend whatever happens don't panic and don't take your feet off the foot pegs but she save me this time.

It's not often a Busa gets saved. Once they reach a point all you can do is ride her down slowly and watch as the mirrow folds in :whistle:

I aalso preached to my wife to always keep feet up, and not panic as she would screw me up in bad times.But like your girl she saved me not only once by putting a foot down.but used body lean on a real hairy turn that i didnt think we where getting though.I thanked her both times :bowdown::bowdown: Sounds like you have a good copilot!!!!

hey another fellow england rider here! similar thing happened to my mate a while back. he was attempting to wave at someone whilst turning a corner. well he lost balance and ended up hitting the kerb and lying the bike down. no damage really, but it taught me dont try waving whilst turning :whistle:

glad your lass saved you and thankfully nowt happened!

Yes she's a good one, she's not been on the back of a bike for 29 years and this was only our second time out, I don't even feel her on the back, went through a few bends as well, took it easy on the way but opened it up a bit more on the same bends on the way home, good fun.

Back