Narrow miss tonight.!!

Kaptain Kanji

Registered
This REALLY happened to me tonight. I was WAY out in Ohio farm country
almost to the Michigan line and riding along enjoying the evening.
All of a sudden I saw a HUGE wild Turkey running across a field on an
intersecting path with ME. He was moving fast and then TOOK OFF and was
still on a collision course with me. I tried to slow down to see if I could keep
him from hitting me directly in the head (helmeted) and I succeeded in getting
him/her to miss me by about ONE foot. The bird was so damn big, it would
have knocked me off the bike had it hit me.!!!! :please:

Yes they are..About a year back i was 2 bike back from a guy dam near got hit by one too..
Glad it was a miss.. now go change your shorts :laugh:

Have to watch out for those big Vultures feeding on carcasses on the side of the road too!
Damn birds are freakin' huge!
Posted via Mobile Device

Glad you missed him or he missed you. I'm afraid the outcome wouldn't have been good for either of you.

Way to get the big picture bro, at least you saw him coming and was able to avoid him. :beerchug:

Have to watch out for those big Vultures feeding on carcasses on the side of the road too!
Damn birds are freakin' huge!
Posted via Mobile Device

Heard! We have Turkey Vultures all over the place here.
Big, slow and really stubborn to move off the road pizza. You really do not want to meet one doing 80+

Whew...that would be a hard one for St Peter to keep a straight face on...killed by a turkey while ridding the worlds most powerful motorcycle...:laugh:
Posted this up a year or so ago...check out this poor owl who took out the front nacelle of the race bike...such a beautiful bird...and as you know owls have even lighter bone structures than most birds..they are almost completely silent in flight...can you imagine what a 15 lb turkey could do to you?

owl demise.jpg

:whistle:its still turkey season here for another week...gotta watch for them dumb look up in the rain and drown themselves birds ..lol

You could almost say I had a "nip" of Wild Turkey while riding.!! :rofl:
I've been hit with all kinds of things over the years, a big flat rock in the face,
watermelon rind in the chest, but thank goodness NO Turkeys.!!

sounds like you handled it perfectly! i had a similar situation last spring around dusk coming out of a blind sweeper. fortunately, he reacted quicker than i and was able to avoid me. one of the many reasons i night ride as little as possible.

Back