Naked Busa claims 248+ mph... Possible?

Mad_Otter

Registered
A friend mentioned it to me and I told him (based on what I've seen on this board) that 248+ on a naked bike is BS, but he pointed out that it was Ghost Rider .

Now, I'm not an expert, but Ghost Rider isn't known as a guy who needs to exaggerate.  So all you Bonneville folks out there, set me straight please - is it possible?

Possibly mind you we aren't talking about a naked STOCK busa. We are talking about a turbo charged busa built for setting speed records. And its all together possible that a custom naked bike would go that fast if it has enough power even with a high drag coefficient.

Think of how fast it would run if it had the complete fairing
biggrin.gif

I call Bull.... If Noonan, and the others run 245+ with bodywork and 400+hp...there is NO WAY a naked Busa will pull 240 anything unless it has 600+hp IMO.

Dave

ghost rider's busa is capable of over 400hp. that is far from stock guys.
Yeah but being stock is irrelevant to the question. Can GR's bike hit the claimed 248+ mph?

It says it has 499 horses, which is awesome - I'm not taking anything away from it, but I think that it's just not enough to push a naked bike to 248.

New Speed King seems to agree, and you can see his "Project 260" is a light year away from a stock bike.

Anybody else who's actually hit 250 have some input?

My money says at 499hp and a few mods he can do 248 mph on a naked bike
biggrin.gif
With enough power I would think it is possible but NOT ON SALT!

I would think Drag would overcome traction and just have him spinning the rear at about 200
rock.gif
?

Math guys what kind of power would it take for a naked bike to run 248
rock.gif
??

rock.gif

My money says at 499hp and a few mods he can do 248 mph on a naked bike
biggrin.gif
With enough power I would think it is possible but NOT ON SALT!

I would think Drag would overcome traction and just have him spinning the rear at about 200
rock.gif
?

Math guys what kind of power would it take for a naked bike to run 248
rock.gif
??
Depends on what naked is. You can go with no plastic but still have a wind shield that a very thin rider can get under, with a smaller gas tank and large vendors. Don't think you will see anything pulling with less Aero.

I would like to see more Aero on the Busa with less HP.

rock.gif

Fastest Open (Unfaired) record at Bonneville is 219 with a one-way of 226. Correctly the drag overcomes traction on the Salt. Without a windblock the force of the wind for the minute and a half it takes would require superhuman strength to hold on. The rider not the bike is the limiting factor. Vision is difficult as the wind makes your eyes form tears. We'll give it a try this year and let you know.    LSL

if you ask me, the Ghost Rider would actually be less likely to hit that amount of mph. because of the lack of aerodynamics. yea, it adds weight, but you can duck behind the windscreen and get most of the air to go over you. also with the front end that the Ghostrider bike has. that is pretty much flat and the stock Hayabusa front end has ALOT of aerodynamics. ... just my 2 cents

Yes it is amazing when you look at the Aero. You will even see at very top in the Hump makes a 1-2mph difference. The air hits the hump and over the sides.

Hello people...

The Hayabusa I use in "GHOST RIDER, goes wild" has 499bhp and with that Hayabusa I ride at 200mph+++ in the film on one wheel, not 248mph on two wheels... (www.ghostridermovie.net)

The fastest run that bike done whit the owner (with a compl stock bodywork) is 272mph!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Not as a naked bike...

This Bike is own by the person who has the high speed wheelie world record, www.swt-racing.com, and he is aming to set his last speed wheelie record around 220mph+...

Ghost Rider...

Ps! This Hayabusa has done 228mph as a naked bike!!! when the power was 380bhp... In practise the owner had done 221mph on one whell to this point... Ds!

<!--EDIT|Ghost Rider
Reason for Edit: "More info..."|1077240592 -->

Uh Yeah, 272MPH Just before hitting the ground after falling out of the back of a freaking plane....

The fastest run that bike done whit the owner (with a compl stock bodywork) is 272mph!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [/QUOTE]

Please tell me you have a timing slip to back this up.
rock.gif

Nice to try and make yourself a legend..
biggrin.gif
272mph What are you smoking man?? If you are doing that kind of speed you should be in every record book for land speed on a Hayabusa. Speed wheelies are great going in and out through traffic is insane but fantastic. Those speeds however, come on. You are talliong to people who have been in the 200mph +++.
wow.gif

yeah if you could go that fast why doesn't everyone know your name and that you have the fastest street bike in the world... I'm sure dennis clanton over at sh.org will run ya.

Back