My Wonderful Mother

burnschevy

Player
Donating Member
Registered
Well, to start things off, about 4 weeks ago while I was at the beach with my whole family, My sister and mom corner me with some bad news. My mom has found out that she has Rheumatoid arthritis, and Lupus. This is on top many years of severe miagrianes, and Interstitial cystitis, and a few other not so serious problems. Being at young age of 61, this was not the best news I could be hearing. Well to make things worse, we have know for years that she has had some problems with her heart, not enought to cause any major problems, or even the need for any treatment, but we knew the day would come. So only after about 2 weeks from being back from the beach, I got a phone call from my sister saying that she will have to have heart surgery. Her Mitrial valve was leaking. So her doctors moved pretty fast and decided that she should go in last monday at 5am. That all being said, she made it throught the surgery without any complications, the doctors were able to repair the valve, with is better than replacement, and she is has been recovering the past few days in the hospital in Asheville. We are hoping that she may be able to come home some time this weekend, maybe on sunday. So everyone please keep her in your prayers, for she has a long road ahead her even after this heart surgery recovery is over. Sorry for the late information, but today was really the first time that I felt like or had the time to post anything in detail. My sister and I have been by her side since monday, so we are pretty worn out. Anyway, thank for listening, and everyone give your Mom a hug or a call today if you can. It will mean the world to them....

Mom will heal fast!! She's in my thoughts and you and your sister need a tiny break, so go rest up. Thanks for letting us know about Mom and give her our best from h.oRg...
smile.gif

Thanks for sharing....we will hold your mom and your family in our prayers and we wish her a speedy recovery!  Its great that you were able to be there for her.....you know, moms are so special - no matter what, they are always there for us.  Sometimes I just love to watch how my wife and our two sons interact - its an incredible thing, the love between a mom and son
biggrin.gif
.  Its been almost 15 years since my mom passed  
sad.gif
, and you know I still think about her just about everyday.  Good luck Bro....

Just a little update, Mom got to come home on sunday around 3:00pm. Man it has been a long week. She had a really good night last night and finally got some sleep. Looks like all will be well as she continues to recover. Thanks again for all of you prayers and thoughts, it has meant alot to my family and I. This is truely a great place to be a part of.

My best recovery energy is sent.

Please keep us posted.

Scar

God Bless Your Mother !!!!!

" Cherish Every Moment you have with Friends and Family !!!!!!!!! "
bowdown.gif

Glad to hear she is doing well. I hope she has a fast and full recovery. Best wishes to her and your family!

(burnschevy @ Jul. 30 2007,15:30) Just a little update, Mom got to come home on sunday around 3:00pm. Man it has been a long week. She had a really good night last night and finally got some sleep. Looks like all will be well as she continues to recover. Thanks again for all of you prayers and thoughts, it has meant alot to my family and I. This is truely a great place to be a part of.
great news. I hope she makes a quick recovery.

God Bless you and your family , you have my prayers for a speedy recovery!

Back