My Tsukigi Installed...

HeloMech74

Registered
Here is a couple of pics of the bike as it stands now. I still need to do something with the rear mudflap and then I think I will be done for now. I leave for Iraq again in about 2 weeks, so It's going to be in storage again until Christmas, just in time for more mods and prep for the next riding season.

100_0623.jpg

100_0615.jpg

100_0624.jpg

100_0614.jpg

I think my next mods are going to be brake upgrades and wheels. I was thinking about the Galespeed Type-R 10 spokes in the Grey or black color, and the Galfer rotors with HEL brake lines. I am also going to get the HPC custom rear Penske shock and the traxxion re-worked forks as well. I also need to get the frame re-powdercoated since the previous owner scraped the crap out of a couple of spots taking stickers off. I have the damage covered with HPC stickers for now. These will be good winter projects. I may trailer the bike to HPC and let Greg do all the work on it when I come home for good. Right now I am enjoying the hell out of the bike while I can. I wish the damn rain would stop.
mad.gif

I sure do like those Tsukigi exhaust,sounds great.A nd how does it run now?Have you really had the chance to get it out?Hows the noise level on cruising speed.

Good luck in Iraq,thanks for being there.Prayers are with you.

(proud dad @ Apr. 14 2007,10:16) I sure do like those Tsukigi exhaust,sounds great.A nd how does it run now?Have you really had the chance to get it out?Hows the noise level on cruising speed.

I took it out for a quick 30 minute ride and the noise levels weren't too bad. Obviously louder than stock, but not annoying to me at all. I am not sure what it will sound like after it has had a chance to break in a bit, but for now I like it. I kind of did a lot things at once, I installed the exhaust, a PCIII, Pipercross race filter, short velocity stacks, small airbox mod, and a great PCIII map from HPC and the bike runs like a top. The surging I had a lower rpms seems to be gone the power is awesome and the sound is sweet. I was really disliking the surging at low rpm. When I was cruising out of my neighborhood, I had to constantly keep the high idle on to keep the bike from lurching around. If I tried to use the throttle to keep the lurching down it would just lurch more. The throttle was so touchy, border line annoying. All the mods seems to have taken care of this. I am a little rusty on the bike as it has been quite a few years since I have ridden, and this is my first bike since my Ducati, so there is a big difference in power and weight. I love the bike though.

Thanks for the prayers for being in Iraq, but so you know I am not a soldier, I am a DOD contractor and I don't want to take the well wishing away from the ones that do the real work over there. Thanks anyway though.

(HeloMech74 @ Apr. 14 2007,13:42)
(proud dad @ Apr. 14 2007,10:16) I sure do like those Tsukigi exhaust,sounds great.A nd how does it run now?Have you really had the chance to get it out?Hows the noise level on cruising speed.

I took it out for a quick 30 minute ride and the noise levels weren't too bad.  Obviously louder than stock, but not annoying to me at all.  I am not sure what it will sound like after it has had a chance to break in a bit, but for now I like it.  I kind of did a lot things at once, I installed the exhaust, a PCIII, Pipercross race filter, short velocity stacks, small airbox mod, and a great PCIII map from HPC and the bike runs like a top.  The surging I had a lower rpms seems to be gone the power is awesome and the sound is sweet.  I was really disliking the surging at low rpm.  When I was cruising out of my neighborhood, I had to constantly keep the high idle on to keep the bike from lurching around.  If I tried to use the throttle to keep the lurching down it would just lurch more.  The throttle was so touchy, border line annoying.  All the mods seems to have taken care of this.  I am a little rusty on the bike as it has been quite a few years since I have ridden, and this is my first bike since my Ducati, so there is a big difference in power and weight.  I love the bike though.

Thanks for the prayers for being in Iraq, but so you know I am not a soldier, I am a DOD contractor and I don't want to take the well wishing away from the ones that do the real work over there.  Thanks anyway though.
Prayers sent anyway you're still gonna be there.Goodluck.
super.gif

I need to quit turning down over time at work.I would really like to have the set up you have.Thats real cool.

The system is great. The build quality is top notch, the install was a little involved as the clearances are ultra tight all around, but I got it in there with only minor trimming on the belly pan area. It's obvious why the system makes so much power once you see where the 2 pipes merge into one. It's way back there right before the mid pipe that attaches to the can. Since the pipe is so big all the way back, it makes the fitment a little close at the bellypan/side fairing junction. The 3-4 pipe was no big deal, but the 1-2 pipe was a PITA to get just right. I had a good time installing the system, and only busted my knuckles once, so all is good.
beerchug.gif

Nice looking bike. Take care of yourself in Iraq! I have the Tuskigi bolt on mufflers and I like them alot! I know what you mean when you comment on the build quality. The welds on mine are the best looking welds I have ever seen.

The tsukigi system fit is very tight..If anyone ever installs one get it all fitted up and start at the rear and go forward with your tightening.....

I posted my Tsukigi install also a few months back. Great system and absolutely no issues with the fit. I am sure you will enjoy it, I love the color of the S/S system after it 'burns' in. With a custom map from Lee's Cycle in San Diego on 87 Octane developed 178 HP. You may be only a contractor but the insurgents don't care, be careful and God bless.

Helo, what Tsukigi is that? The SS/SS oval? I want to confirm it.

Back