My trip to the 1/4 track

UNDRPSI

Donating Member
Registered
well, i finally made it to the track today for the first time.... racing a car and a bike are TOTALLY different worlds! I had to figure out HOW to launch it so that i could get a decent 60ft time, and the shifting is a PAIN with no light! Just when you think you know your bike , the track tells you otherwise!

The first run SUCKED! 2.42 60ft and 12.34@?? I didnt get a timeslip because i tripped the red light (piss!)

The second run i got a 1.91 60ft and 11.49@127mph missed 2nd to 3rd. and tripped the dam light AGAIN! (piss again!)

The third pass was MUCH better! cut a 2.030 60ft (bad) , BUT, i ran a 10.578@137.64! and missed 3rd AGAIN! (arrrr!)

The fourth and FINAL pass was EVEN better! cut a 1.729 60ft, and ran 10.136@137.90 missing 3rd AGAIN!

I was really nervous and my back and ribs were KILLING me ( car accident problems, need SURGERY ! LOL) I think if i were to get another run i may have been able to sqeeze a 9sec run out of it! Assuming i didnt miss 3rd AGAIN!

Lots of these guys racing had shift lights , air shifters, stretched swingarms, and et drag radial rears! This one girl ran a 9.98 on this setup.

I'm gonna get the shift light but ill just learn the shifting as i go ..... the times i missed 3rd , i was bouncing off the rev limiter! Provided i had a shift light i think i would have been fine on the shifting. I think i did OK for my first time out. And had a BLAST doing it!!!!!

Here are some pics of some of the bikes. ENJOY!

JOE P.

My kids and my other woman! LOL

mypics_013.jpg

You didn't do bad at all for your first time. If you lower it and strap the front you will run alot better. You don't need a shift light or an air shifter you just need more seat time at the track.
cool.gif

Maybe you need to lower your shift lever to help you get it into gear better? Whenever I foot shift I lower mine. Good job ans get back there soon.

Yeah...Good job...Sounds like you enjoyed yourself...Nice pics...
evil.gif

You did good ... just to get on the track takes some guts. I'm gonna' be so nervous my first time until I'm sure I'll miss a lot of gears too. Good job and thanks for the pics!!

what are most decent drag guys with the same mods running
rock.gif
just trying to get a goal to aim for.

Joe

Back