My review after 950 miles on my first busa

SCBQQSTN

Registered
I never NEVER thought I would say this... but I have already gotten used to the power... This is my first Jap bike, a 2009 hayabusa, with full Yoshi R-77 and power commander....and I already want more.... I mean really?!?!? Don't get me wrong, I still haven't given her full throttle in first gear because the bike refuses to stay down and not wheelie, but I fly through the rest of the gears no problem... time to go turbo?

One other thing, I know a lot of you do clutchless shifting....how do you do that without damaging the motor??

One other thing, I know a lot of you do clutchless shifting....how do you do that without damaging the motor??

Dont do it 1st to 2nd.
Other gears it is a careful quick 'blip' of the throttle while same time you 'flip' it into gear.
Dont let completely off the throttle but just enough to relieve load and then 'flip' the shifter.
Cant take but just a millisecond to do.
Really unless your racing/track days and have folks and parts behind you I dont see the point or need for it on the street ?

You are in more danger of bending a shift fork than damaging the engine if you don't shift properly.

You must apply ample pressure to the lever before you blip the throttle, if you don't it is jerky.
Done correctly it feels almost non mechanical and natural and I have been doing it for years. Same technique when using the clutch allows two finger pull.

Just my 2cts.
Ride safe,
Bubba

your confidence level is up awfully high for your first "Jap" bike. if you mean this is your first sportbike, sounds like you just may not have found her ugly side just yet... :laugh:

your confidence level is up awfully high for your first "Jap" bike. if you mean this is your first sportbike, sounds like you just may not have found her ugly side just yet... :laugh:

Yes I meant to say sportbike. What ugly side? I know this bike is very powerful, but I have owned "fast" vehicles in the past.... cobras, Z06's, etc..

I first started riding bikes back when I was 13 years old. I had honda 4 stroke 125. After two months of riding I went from that, to the monstrous Honda CFR450R. Yes that bike scared the crap out of me in the beginning, but after a month or so of riding I became used to power and felt natural with it.

The same thing has happened with this busa, the power was absolutely insane when I first rode it. But now, less than 1000 miles of riding it, I feel like I am ready for more power. Now I know why guys go turbo or NOS, because they can handle it. To some riders, the stock power of the busa is just fine, but to others they need more. At first I thought the stock power was fine, then full exhaust and PC later I want more.... Is this a bad thing??

Last edited:
Yes I meant to say sportbike. What ugly side? I know this bike is very powerful, but I have owned "fast" vehicles in the past.... cobras, Z06's, etc..

I first started riding bikes back when I was 13 years old. I had honda 4 stroke 125. After two months of riding I went from that, to the monstrous Honda CFR450R. Yes that bike scared the crap out of me in the beginning, but after a month or so of riding I became used to power and felt natural with it.

The same thing has happened with this busa, the power was absolutely insane when I first rode it. But now, less than 1000 miles of riding it, I feel like I am ready for more power. Now I know why guys go turbo or NOS, because they can handle it. To some riders, the stock power of the busa is just fine, but to others they need more. At first I thought the stock power was fine, then full exhaust and PC later I want more.... Is this a bad thing??

Sounds like your interests are more in power rather then cruising around. I would suggest either looking into going to track days or jumpin over to your local strip.

If you really want some power, try the zx14. Yeah, I said it. :whistle:

I think your problem is that you haven't had your first bad wreck yet. Once that over confidence turns into a bad case of "woops I just busted my ass and totaled my bike" you will come off that quick.

Over confidence will get you hurt if not killed. You own the fastest street legal motorcycle in the world, if we are talking straight from the show room. Like the others said, if you truly have a deathwish of some sort, then go find a ballistic rocket to strap your ass on.

This thread is why we have so many motorcycle accidents. Noobs that think they have a "handle" on the power. You don't have a handle on anything, trust me.

omgeeee, i owned a 12 sec corvette.. i need more power.....

comments like that just ruin your credibility in my eyes.

umm, upgrade tires and try launching.. if you're not scared wait till you have real traction and try to cut real 60/fts. Anyone can do highway pulls (i can them "road dynos")

Not trying to be a spoil sport -

But how old are you and how many bikes have you owned that would even come close to the power of the Busa?

How many years of experience on motorcycles with your Motorcycle endorsement?

Please be careful.

I had a similar feeling when I bought my Busa. At first, the power is insane. Then after a while you know what to expect and finally get comfortable with it.
I don't think getting a turbo is the best idea unless you plan on Dragracing.
I too thought my Vette was fast. Until I met the Busa. Comparing a Vette or a Mustang to a Busa is like comparing an 18 Speed Mongoose to an F-18:laugh: A few weeks ago I ran into a Murcealago and he was pretty surprised when I left him behind.

I could see how you could get used to the power if your riding style is to just open it up on a strait road. Learning to use all the power on curvey roads is where the fun is at imo. Good luck and be safe.

this isn't Owen back again trying to reclaim his name is it?? :rofl:

dude....seriously, i believe the next step myself will be going turbo, but i'm not sitting here saying, omg this thing is slow now...???

man, i may just quit trying to help you wake up and just go down and buy you a nice fat insurance policy with me as the beneficiery,

Back