My new toy purchase...

Over_Easy

GEO-STABILIZATION EXPERT
Donating Member
Registered
I got this Alcomate AL6000 breathalyzer because I have recently seen the bureaucratical hoops a person has to go through and the financial impact of what happens to people when they get slapped with a DUI when only blowing .03-.05, way under the legal limit of .08. LEO can, have and will arrest people for DUI even well below the legal limit. I want to ensure a 0.0 after having a couple glasses of wine or beers with dinner and before driving/riding home.

I spoke with an ex-colonel that runs a DUI program for the state of FL. He told me people have been arrested for being intoxicated while simply standing next to their car with their car keys in their pocket or for being an intoxicated passenger in a car with the keys in it (not running) while the driver was not in the car at that time or for being intoxicated and sleeping it off in the back seat. Intoxicated and anything seeing you as "in control of the car" (running or not) is all the reason needed...basically arresting you before you may decide to eventually drive. Not common occurences, but by law they can still slap you with a DUI.

I would highly recommend to anyone out there to just not drink, but for exmaple when I go out for a $30 steak dinner I must have a glass or two of a nice Cab along with it. Stay safe and be smart!

AL6000.jpg

I use to always have a drink with dinner, but never do anymore, so if I get stopped, I can say "NOPE NOTHING TO DRINK". Darn shame to change responsible peoples behaviour. I think ONE part of the drunk driving problem is the "average" person/driver is less responsible than in previous decades.

Full Pack
Breathalyzer, AA Batteries (x2), Mouthpieces (x5),
FIELD TEST CASE, Handstrap, and User's Manual.
Our Price:
$159.95

How much did it set you back?
rock.gif
With shipping & taxes on E-bay for $99.00.

Besides being very accurate (+/-.01 with a .10 BAC) it's biggest upside is it's the first breathalyzer to introduce pre-calibrated replaceable modules (patent-pending) to the market. One of the main problems with using breathalyzers in critical applications is that the alcohol sensor, no matter what type, requires periodic re-calibration. Unfortunately, the re-calibration process requires that the breathalyzer be physically mailed or taken to a professional service center, at which point the device must be evaluated and proper steps must be taken for calibration with an expensive simulator system. The process is costly for both consumer and service center, and the delay of processing and shipping back-and-forth can be quite a loss. The Pre-Calibrated Replaceable Alcohol Sensor Module can eliminate the delays and complications of re-calibration by allowing you to simply "snap out" an old module and "snap in" a new module. This way, you can get back to reliable, accurate testing in a matter of seconds!

I just assume that if I can still find the tester and figure out how to use it, I am still sober.

I use to always have a drink with dinner, but never do anymore, so if I get stopped, I can say "NOPE NOTHING TO DRINK". Darn shame to change responsible peoples behaviour. I think ONE part of the drunk driving problem is the "average" person/driver is less responsible than in previous decades.
100% effective
winkold.gif

UPDATE:

I just drank a single dark beer, Sam Adam's Honey Lager, in 10 minutes, waited 20 minutes and registered a .02! BTW, I'm 6'2", 225.

Smart man, & definitely a "no brainer." (super cheap insurance)

$$cost of consequences and embarrassment for a DUI conviction is > tenfold the cost of the fine and "breathalyzer" device combined.

Key is disciplining oneself to use it, and not forgetting to use it after having a "a few."

beerchug.gif

Smart man, & definitely a "no brainer." (super cheap insurance)

$$cost of consequences and embarrassment for a DUI conviction is > tenfold the cost of the fine and "breathalyzer" device  combined.  

Key is disciplining oneself to use it, and not forgetting to use it after having a "a few."  

beerchug.gif
Very true, just had some good friends deal with DUI arrests but both got off with a reckless charge and probation. Fact is just about everyone could have received a DUI at one time or another in their lives. Unfortunately most people would include you with the same group of illegal immigrants that run over people with a BAC of .30.

Good toy, One of my customer's car that I work on that has an intoxalock installed by the state. He has to blow in it in order to be able to start the car. If he blows over a certain limit the car won't start. Too many DUI'S. So be good boys and girls.

well ladies, no matter what you buy...when you get stopped you will be at the mercy of the cop's equipment, not yours. Basically if you are stone sober and he wants you to be drunk in his report, its your word againist his. I'm sure he can detain you long enough before you actually get the test at a hospital to ensure his word prevails.

plenty of crooked jerk cops out there, so if you get stopped hope you get the one who realizes that he is doing a job not playing god.

yea i have heard about those blower things for cars. that would suck thats like my buddy who bought a car and the dealership installed this thing where when you make a payment they give you a code but u fail to pay=no code=car wont start hahahh funny sh!t

yea i have heard about those blower things for cars. that would suck thats like my buddy who bought  a car and the dealership installed this thing where when you make a payment they give you a code but u fail to pay=no code=car wont start hahahh funny sh!t
We had them for awhile. Buy in is very expensive,and we opted to let the company have there boxes when the trial was up. Install without doing any permanent damamge in some cases is plain impossible.

Back