MY NEW '04 R1 & UPDATED BUSA PICS

TAZEONE

Registered
So anyways, I posted about 3 weeks ago that I got a new 04 R1 and felt guilty telling my Hayabusa.Org family, but I didn't get rid of the BUSA and the BUS is still KING OF MY GARAGE!

here are some pics I took today.
I also got some new mods on my BUSA since last time I posted.

I haven't done much to the R1 as I'm only waiting for a couple more parts and then i'm done with it, but so far, I got Graves frame sliders and the graves fender eliminator kit.... I ordered the Akrapovic Carbon Slip Ons and a Zero Gravity Double Bubble (dark smoke) both should be in on monday.

as for the BUSA, new mods include.
Front and Rear Blue Steel Braided Brake lines and wow what a difference it made!!! My BUSA actually stops better than the R1 now (also new H pads too).  I got a Power Commander PCIIIr and a K&N Air Filter, 16T front sprocket, Chrome Windscreen, Chrome Swingarm, Rear Hub and Sprocket, Carbon Fiber Spools and I bought a Yoshimura Full System Tri-Oval dual outlet titanium carbon can exhaust (its backordered, but I heard it and IT SOUNDS SIIIICCCKKKK!!)
I'm basically done with the BUSA, when winter hits, i'm gonna chrome the frame, then it's showtime ;)

Damn! Both bikes look awesome. If I had the $$$$$ I would by me a R1 too.
And also keep the Busa.
biggrin.gif

Sweet, Tazeone! Very, very sweet! Like the matching colors. You makin' my bike look just flat ugly!

Taze, wtf do you shine the busa with.  gimme sumadat!!  seriously.  i want whateverthat is?
wow.gif

<!--EDIT|busabrother
Reason for Edit: None given...|1083288193 -->

^^^ I got the Akrapovic slip ons in carbon..... I heard them and almost started a fight with the person standing closest to me, it's just mean and clean and LOUD!
I've seen and heard a lot of the pipes for the 04 R1, but the Akra was the best fitting, the others stick out farther then the tail taking away from the lines of the bike and suprisingly, the Micron F.S. sounded very gangster, but I just couldn't put that colorful pipe on my bike.
as for other mods, i'm gonna add some nice carbon fiber accessories (just a few) and chrome the wheels eventually, after that, i'm done with it.

NOW FOR THE GOOD STUFF.

okay so for 3 weeks, i've been beating this bike (the R1) and it's mean when it needs to be, unlike the BUSA which is just MEAN ALL THE TIME, EVEN IF YOU WANT IT TO BE NICE, IT'S JUST A FUGGIN PITBULL WHO SEES OTHER BIKES AS POODLES.
now after doing some rolls on at 85mph and 120mph, the BUSA is still whooopin my R1's ass. but after I hit like 8,000rpms on any gear on my R1, it's out and ready to pass or keep up with the BUSA while on busy streets or somewhat twisty roads.
I've gotten to be a better canyon/twistie rider on the BUSA recently, BUT
as soon as I took the R1 to the Twists, the BUSA was a joke compared to my R1, MAAAAAAAN.
this R1 turns sharp corners with the movement of my thigh; and when I lean for real, it's balanced so perfect, I never feel like I
need to slow down on a twist ever. I mean, i'm smokin all day all night in the twists.
even switching lanes on a twist is so completely controllable, I can see how you become 1 with this bike easy.

BUT THE BIKE IS SO GADAAMN UNCOMFORTABLE, after long rides, I need to either sit down for 20 min. or go home.
maybe i'm just so used to the BUSA, but I'm not gonna lie, I love the luxurious feeling of the BUSA over this sporty feeling.
the R1 is light as hell and i'm never worried about having to take the weight of it while turning or throwing it around on the streets.
but at 145mph, the bike was shaking all over the place, which brings me to remember, that I need a good steering damper.
the BUSA at 160 + is solid like a prison cell.

that's about all I can say for now, thanks for your comments and thanks for looking!

Taze........................those are two great bikes..............ok, I might be prejudiced....................but it looks like you've got cinderella and one of the ugly step sisters there!!! I would love to test ride an R1, though, and am jealous that you have both!!!! Thanks for the pics.
AAAssjani.gif

:lol ^^^^

Taze, you still didnt tell me what you use to polish the plastics? Give up the info!!! [/QUOTE]

busabro, I use Motul "Shine and Go" for the plastics and for the chrome, I use Mothers or my own special formula ;)
everytime I roll the BUSA on the streets, people think it's new, but I just make sure I wax it once every 2 months.
but the pics don't do any justice, here in the L.A. in the sun, the bike hurts your eyesight
cool.gif

Both look SWEET! Gotta love the alien look of the R1! So what's up with the stickers on the tank? LOL! Had to do it!
laugh.gif

very nice looking bikes... wish I could afford 2 bikes... but seriously I don't think I would ride the other one.... the busa is all i've ever wanted.

nice pics and congrats !!!! i am looking into buying another r1 but have heard people saying some not so nice things bout the new 04 plus has been several down here blow up but hey everything has problems once and a while . let me know if you have any problems out of her have a good one sweet bikes!!!!!
beerchug.gif

^^^ I heard the same, but I got an extended warranty and outta all the liter bikes, I liked the lines and complete physically attractiveness of the ONE. i'll def. post the problems if there are any. the BUSA is my favorite son and the R1 is a step child at the moment, it could be blood related once I get into it real deep, or not

What a BEAUTIFUL LOOKING COMBO TZ1!!! a great 1 - 2 punch and near matching blue/black colors! Georgous!!! Now I'm picturing a silver R1 next to my silver busa!!!! Okay, so I went and sat on one at the dealer today adn I been hoping someone would give a review, so thanks loads! I'm gonna pass on the R1 because I just don't like being uncomfortable. With what you said about longer rides, and the low clip ons, and the gas tank sitting up in your lap, I just didn't fit too well. I TOTALLY AGREE with you that it is absolutely a stuning looking piece of art, though. That's what I really like about it. The high end, low weight shakes had me worried too - how could that EVER compare with the Limo riding Busa above 150
rock.gif
Great bike, great review, congrats on the newest edition to your family. Does she have a name yet???
smile.gif

What a pair... they make a fine lookin couple!
That Busa is drop dead gorgeous! Excellent job settin
it up~
cool.gif

thanks WWJD and everyone for the comments.

the R1 is nameless until I can find it's soul.
don't get me wrong, it will beat BUSA's who are sleeping and not taking it serious and other litre bikes when tested.
but this bike was made for twisties and the track, it's race ready for sure.
I just think it will be my 2 times a week bike and def. will never be ridden on windy days.

in like 3 weeks the BUSA will be 90% done. I love it to death, just wish it was 40lbs. lighter. just 40 would be fine
biggrin.gif

That is sweet!!!! If only I had the money to have more than one motorcycle!!!

Heck if I only had the money to pay for the ONE that I do have!!!
down.gif

Back