My neighbors suck!! how about yours?

RX1Jim

Registered
For many years, everytime we got snow, I would go out an plow out my neighbors driveways with my small tractor and 5' wide plow. Never asked for for any form of payment and in fact refused cash . I was just "paying it forward", trying to be a good neighbor. Well my tractor has been out of service for the past year. So far this year we have gotten 3 good size storms, last night's dumped 18" on my 150 ft long driveway. My neighbors were out there with there today with their snow blowers taking care of their driveways but not one of them volunteered to give my son and I any help. These are the same people I plowed out year after year!!!! One of my neighbor's sons stopped by and said he would plow me out for $20. What the *&^%$! I just finished lending my logsplitter to that neighbor so he did not have to rent one. I welded up a broken axle for another neighbors lawn tractor this past summer, again free and took a dead tree down for him also this summer. He cleaned his driveway off with his new snowblower then went inside even though he saw me shoveling.

I've had it with helping people, common decency would tell a person to help those who helped you. I enjoy helping people and probably should not get upset but man are people selfish!!!

The only people I will help in the future are true friends and my family!!

I just had to vent!!

I feel your pain, every year I snowblow the entire block, I actually do about 4 blocks in front of peoples houses, last fall I hit something with the blower and it broke. This year I just have a shovel, in the last couple of storms my neighbors stop at my walks with there snowblower.

my neighbor lets me use her snowblower. 8 hp, self propelled, throws the stuff almost 40' away. if i wasn't moving south, i'd have to get one, they're fun as heck. i'd like to find a PTO driven snowblower that hooks up to the front of a tractor.

These are the same people I plowed out year after year!!!! One of my neighbor's sons stopped by and said he would plow me out for $20. What the *&^%$! !

You should have told him, you'll just deduct it from there tab of plowing them out over the years. If he didn't get a clue then I wouldn't be doing crap for them from here on out. He needs a log splitter, give him a number to where he can rent one... :laugh:

Just go out there at night and hose down their drive ways and sit in the morning with a hot cup of coco and watch the fun as they go to work.:laugh:

yeah well I have a couple next door to me that thinks grass is alive and has feelings and love to look over the fence to see whats going on in my yard you know the kind liberals:laugh: you know what I do:moon:

Not everyone can be as great as a Busa rider. Face it, we got it; they want it. Its not just the bike; frame of mind that puts a smile on your face that others just don't understand. Its not their fault they suck...

Not everyone can be as great as a Busa rider. Face it, we got it; they want it. Its not just the bike; frame of mind that puts a smile on your face that others just don't understand. Its not their fault they suck...

Nice analogy. But really, people are selfish and seem to have a short memory....as suggested, get yours fixed and look out for # 1!

I am a big believer in karma, I would keep doing what you do and let karma sort it out. just because you do good to someone doesn't mean THAT someone will do good back. they will get what they deserve.

but I know its hard to always do what's right or stand up for things you believe, but when you do without expecting compensation... that's what feels good.

but all in all... screw them! they can plow there own drive next year. lol
Posted via Mobile Device

this world has gone to hell, when it finally hits the fan meet me in the woods and payback will be ours

The best thing you can do is to keep helping them out, just not as well. Maybe a crumby weld on the next axle, or plow his driveway so all the snow is against his garage:whistle:

I wish you were my neighbor, we'd get along great:beerchug:

I love my neighbors and all who live near me.
We have parties here regularly that all of them attend.
Tight knit community here .

As for your problem.
Your reward will be in Heaven. Don't change yourself because others don't act like you.
Raise the bar, set the standard, shake things up and continue to be the better person you are. It may wake them up. If not your conscience will be clean and full of good.

You should have told him, you'll just deduct it from there tab of plowing them out over the years. If he didn't get a clue then I wouldn't be doing crap for them from here on out. He needs a log splitter, give him a number to where he can rent one... :laugh:

i always think of things to say like that 5min after.

although i some what agree. :poke: did you ask to borrow the snow blower?
i'd ask before i got upset. maybe even remind them of the past deeds you've done for them. or just yelled "hay get over here, I've got hot coco!"

i plow 1/2 my neighbor hood for my wife, so she can get around, for everyone else its just a perk that i love my wife. i guess if anyone asked me to I'd do their drive too, but then, no one has ever asked.

and as far as my neighbors go. there alright. i only know 3, the old man across the street, my neighbor Matt - he is about my age nice family and he is into VW's and digs my bikes were friends, and my buddy Lynn that lives across my back fence, nice fella pack of kids and a party animal.i have yet to meet the handicapped fella that is on the otherside of where my fence blew down.
i have kind of a hidden compound in a small neighborhood. i throw big bonfire partys and make lots of noise in the middle of the night working on motorcycles, grinding, welding, and tuneing. im also zoned residential/commercial/industrial so i can make all the noise i want. :thumbsup:
:poke:i guess it's me that's the neighbor from hell.???:sasmokin:

I love my neighbors and all who live near me.
We have parties here regularly that all of them attend.
Tight knit community here .

As for your problem.
Your reward will be in Heaven. Don't change yourself because others don't act like you.
Raise the bar, set the standard, shake things up and continue to be the better person you are. It may wake them up. If not your conscience will be clean and full of good.
well how about some pics then

here is one pf my nieghbours

20101218_1.jpg

Last edited:
Back