my impressions of the busa

The Busa turning very easliy in slow manuevers is BS.  I failed my MC license test cause I kept running over cones.  The second time around I passed cause I only hit one cone.  Actually the only bike I saw pass through the cones without hitting any was a old Honda cruiser from like '78.  Everyone was hitting them, however I had the worst of times.  Lucky I practiced like 50 times before the examiner came out.  

On the shifting ordeal, I noticed my shifted hard while using Amsoil synthetic.  I switched over to Rotella 5w-40 synthetic for diesels, it shifts much smoother now.  As for the ride, I have no complaints, it rides awesome.
Sounds like you need practice, ive seen guys on huge touring Harleys and Goldwings pass an MC endorsement test.
But yeah, alot of guys fail too...I guess that is why they have the test.
tounge.gif

And about the shifting its smooth to me with Dyno oil..I guess it depends on what you consider to be smooth shifting on a motorcycle.
I have never seen anybody pass the IL test on a sportsbike /sporty bike or a big azz cruiser....That test is close to impossible.I took it 3 yrs ago on a 01 GSXR600 and failed the cones.I didn't take that test again till 3 months ago(on a 93 nighthawk 750 and passed with flying colors)YES !....100 percent
tounge.gif
I came off the R1....Busa trans smooth as silk...But am I the only one who likes kickin on first gear and hearing that "CRACK!!!" or do I have a misconception on what a "clunky" trans is??

tounge.gif

But am I the only one who likes kickin on first gear and hearing that "CRACK!!!"  or do I have a misconception on what a "clunky" trans is??
yep.
Uh.........OK. so what is a clunky trans???
no, it is the inner clutch cam using the back tourque limitier....doing its job.

"back torque limiter" makes the clutch chatter when subjected to rapid take offs.

with 9k miles on my bike, have only heard mine do that twice.

Holy Crap! This is the "I got myself into some trouble guy..."

He had the Busa for?....two and a half/three weeks before he landed his butt in jail, huh?

OMG...
laugh.gif

Back