My home computer

shadetree57

Registered
I have a gateway piece of junk. It all of a sudden decided to give trouble so we took it to a computer guy TWO TIMES. OK, so now he has it fixed. WRONG,when I pull up the org. all is good but when I try to log in, It says The enternet is not working and it's trying to find the problem. I get really pizzed about things that won't work and I thought when we bought this system we wouldn't have a problem. I'm on my Acer Aspire now and so far it's been great but help me out. I can't log into my email either so does anyone have a clue what may be the problem? Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated. At least my little comp still works.:thumbsup:

Im no help to you.

Hunt / Peck took me 5 min to write this.

Sorry and good luck

gateway piece of junk running which OS?

first you need to make sure your Ethernet adapter is up and running, start> settings> control panel> system icon> hardware tab> device manager button

you should see network adapters in the list, click the plus and you should see the manufactures name, highlight it, right click, properties, device status....

if that checks out go back to control panel click on network connections, you should see the name of the adapter and if its enabled or disabled, if its not there click create new connection and check all the settings as "automatic"

gateway piece of junk running which OS?

first you need to make sure your Ethernet adapter is up and running, start> settings> control panel> system icon> hardware tab> device manager button

you should see network adapters in the list, click the plus and you should see the manufactures name, highlight it, right click, properties, device status....

if that checks out go back to control panel click on network connections, you should see the name of the adapter and if its enabled or disabled, if its not there click create new connection and check all the settings as "automatic"

Also to add... After doing the above, with your pc turned off, reset the router or modem which ever it is hooked up to. Then turn on your pc and see if you can connect. sometimes they can be fickle like that. some routers/modems have a button to push to reset or a little whole you stick a toothpick in.

Good Luck!

Well, It worked this morning. Maybe it had to get over the shock of being disconnected and hauled around. Or maybe it heard me loading my shotgun.:laugh:

I have a gateway piece of junk. It all of a sudden decided to give trouble so we took it to a computer guy TWO TIMES. OK, so now he has it fixed. WRONG,when I pull up the org. all is good but when I try to log in, It says The enternet is not working and it's trying to find the problem. I get really pizzed about things that won't work and I thought when we bought this system we wouldn't have a problem. I'm on my Acer Aspire now and so far it's been great but help me out. I can't log into my email either so does anyone have a clue what may be the problem? Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated. At least my little comp still works.:thumbsup:

I feel your pain bro, I had home issues for the last two weeks and only hours ago got my home computer back up and running, :cheerleader: < and I never use those.
I am back online and loving the speed at which I am running now with the new FIOS stuff and the computer is clean and fast.
Bubba

Back