My future streetrod project...

Sure it's not a Crosley?
Showoff
cool.gif

Studabaker???
rock.gif

Never mind, I see the answer... Crowsley?

We have a tech here that is into 2-strokes. He has a cool old Subaru 2-stroker.

<!--EDIT|Revlis
Reason for Edit: None given...|1134002827 -->

looks like fun to me. Of course I would have to find a busa motor to fit in it and then make a daily driver out of it just for kicks.

But then again, I dont think I would fit in it in the first place.
Lots of my friends tell me to just put a 4 cyl in it...a busa motor would move it pretty good too...

I just remember growing up, one of my favorite things to get was a "zinger"...it was a small car with a BIG engine...motor was dam near bigger than the car....

I picture this little pickup with a blower and dual quads sticking out of the hood...some seriously nasty roller camshaft havin', 3 " exhaust, 700r4 a/t, 5:13 gears in a 9" ford carrier..steamroller tires in the back..skinny front-runners in the front...slammed into the ground, with wheelie bars ( with 80" WB and real HP, this will be a must).....on the STREET.

I measured it out once...with the above items, the driveshaft would be a CV joint! Can you say TORQUE?!!!!!!!

It would be badazz!!

Hell, I've had it for 37 years now......what's the hurry?!!!!! LOL!!!

My wife calls it my "clown car"...keep threatening to sell it to the shriners! Ha-Ha!

My Stepmom's Stepdad had one in perfect condition. It had very few miles on it and still had the original tires on it. This was around 1979. He kept it indoors all year long. He had become disabled and was unable to drive it. I don't know what ever happened to it, I think it was white and red but I'm not sure.

Kev

was it a roundside pickup like mine?
I think it was exactly like it. It was actually '77 not '79 and I was only 12 but I remember it pretty well. It had no door panels, just metal skin on a wooded frame. It had a tiny little engine but would start up, run and drive just fine. He used to take it up and down the dirt road behind his house just to keep it going.

I'd love to have a complete, original one to go along with the (future) pro-street version...it'd be kinda cool!

Re: My future streetrod project... (Crosley+Busa?)

Any updates on this project?

I've got a Crosley HotShot in worse shape than yours (just the body, no frame, motor, etc.). I'm trying to decide whether to restore it faithfully or do something crazy...specifically, stuff a Busa under that tiny hood!

Curious to see if you've done anything with your truck...
-dave

I never knew about Crosley pickup trucks, but I know a little about Crosley engines in the airplanes, or at least the attempt. A fairly famous and successful designer, Al Mooney, built his Mooney "Mite" airplane, a tiny, hyper efficient and fast single seat airplane. I have sat in a Mite and it is a tiny airplane. I would love the chance to fly one. Anyway, the Crosley engine just was never robust enough to last in an airplane and Mooney eventually went with a conventional airplane.

Pictures attached of the single-seater Mooney Mite and the much more common Mooney M20-series airplane that will carry 4 passengers pretty darned fast. Also a link for the Crosely engine referring to the Mooney Mite installation.
Crosley Engine Family Tree

mooney mite.jpg

mooney-ovation2-gx-personal-sport-plane.jpg

Back