My Experience With OZ Wheels on a Gen II Hayabusa.

BST more expensive at $3999 versus $1800 for the OZ's. CZ's same price range of my OZ's, with Marchesini's costing $2500. That's the reason why $$$$.... Carbon equals OH MY GOD EXPENSIVE!:laugh:

I guess I was looking at the wrong price. I though they were $3900. Makes me want some OZ;s, I like that 5 spoke design.

I know this is a zombie thread, but didn't want to start a new one. Just got these on my bike, and like others have said, beautiful wheels, lighter weight, accelerates quicker, turns easier, shifting at cruise speed is smoother.View media item 101441

BST more expensive at $3999 versus $1800 for the OZ's. CZ's same price range of my OZ's, with Marchesini's costing $2500. That's the reason why $$$$.... Carbon equals OH MY GOD EXPENSIVE!:laugh:

Pound / pound, BST wheels cost more than Carrazzeria or OZ. BST has a much lighter rear wheel but the front is almost the same weight as my Carrazzeria Tri-R. Then again, there is more benefit to BST than just the weight. Google "BST wheels inertia". Still think if you want lightweight wheels but can't stomache the price of BST, forged aluminum is a great alternative and also looks beautiful in anodized colors.

I have Carrazzerria in my 14 and I would agree with all of your comments. To me, lighter wheels on the 14 make an improvement in acceleration but the reduced gyroscopic effect seems to make that bike feel less reliable at low lean angles. I do not believe I corner at a higher speed with the Carrazzerias because I don't trust the rear with all that torque. It took a few years to get used to it. I actually had to keep the bike a gear higher in a corner because I was afraid to lean it over at high rpm. Also the CZ cush drive is a hard bushing around each rear rotor bolt. You definitely feel the choppy throttle inputs but that's ok if you like a race bike feel.

I'd probably go with BST on the busa since I've tried forged aluminum but that $4k will be awful hard to swallow.

Yeah, I noticed on low speed cornering or turning the bike now feels like it wants to tip over. I'm use to it now, but the first couple times took me off guard.

Keep your eyes peered on forums and eBay for a used set of BST's

Honesty I never thought I would get a set but now that I do I'm glad I spent the $$$. Pictures don't do em justice and however light you think they are they will still surprise you when you pick em up with 1 finger......

I remember when I first got em I took them to a local Ducati/BMW dealership to get new rubber put on them and when I gave them to the service manager his eyes lit up like silver dollars. When I came back to pick em up there was a crowd around them and people taking turns picking em up and seeing how light they were. Granted this is a shop with Panigale R's and BMW S1000R's hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of inventory and here I am with my lil ole Busa turning heads :whistle:

Back