My Boring Paint Saga......

fallenarch

THE SLOW RIDER
Registered
The parts are back from the painter. They look pretty good but it's not a show quality paint job by any means. But Maaco does it quick, pretty well and it cost me $200. This is not for the posers (plenty of flaws in the paint if you loook close) but if you want your ride clean and attractive it's a pretty painless way to change things up a bit. I strip things down and take them the parts. I haven't gotten brave enough to let them cut in multiple colors but they do this pretty well.

I should say up front that my bike is a hobby bike - I ride it, scratch it, and occasionlly drop it (when "my skill runs out just when I need it" as Tuf says!). So I just want things tidy. I also like to fly as far under the radar you can riding a Busa so I try to paint things so they look like a factory paint scheme. Nothing radical and nothing flashy. People seem to really like the blue silver scheme so i decided to stay with it. I had a scuff from a spill on the right side lower and they were not able to fix the crack, so I'll be calling Jason at Honda East soon! Maaco said they would paint the new panel for free once I get it in since they couldn't fix this one. I also painted the front fender and mirrors blue to finish out the scheme.

I'm not happy with any of my decal schemes so far frankly. Again I'm not a skull or flame guy, I like it low key. I have to be honest though I got a lump in my throat seeing the silver lower panels without the Busa Kanji!

Anyway here are some thoughts, any opinions positive or negative welcome

Overview.jpg

Parts.jpg

Studies 1.jpg

Studies 2.jpg

BTW: They flying pig thing is from a time a raced a guy on a Gixxer 1K and he said I would beat him when pigs fly. When he pulled up beside me after I waxed him I yelled over to him this pig can fly! I don't take myself very seriously and this logo in keeping with my it's all good attitude about riding.

I know some Busa guys will be offended by it.......

I like scheme D. Plain checkerboard looks nice. It may look better if checkers were on bottom and not in middle? Can we redo that and get a scheme H :laugh:

I've fixed cracks like that, in that spot. Solder iron, burn half way through on the back side then go back over it again melting in some plastic from a donor panel (or from a hidden spot on another panel). Be sure to build it up a bit on the back side. Same thing on the front but no need to build it up. Sand, fill with flexible parts repair, prime, sand, and good to go.

I like B, but I would move the S down a bit. Second would be the new H choice. I like the blue and silver combo.

Graphics are a tough choice. I had fits trying to figure out how to do my new race plastics this year.

Back together again. Only big oops is the upper and lower half of the fairings are a difference color slightly.

Left front.jpg

Right Side.jpg

Front.jpg

$40 for Emgos from Pashnit. I wanted the originals, but there are so many fakes on EBAY that you do not know what you are getting. The Emgos serve me well

None from head on... Sorry! And it is under a cover and I cannot get a good pic of them right now. They do stick out about an extra inch or so, makes seeing behind you better

None from head on... Sorry! And it is under a cover and I cannot get a good pic of them right now. They do stick out about an extra inch or so, makes seeing behind you better

Actually that's good enough. I like those. Has anyone got a picture of these off the Pashnit site on a busa (in black of course)?

M043-Chrome_300.jpg

Back