My bike

Currently it is The Ginge cause she’s red. But Dennis and someone else like calling her The Radio Flyer due to the color. So I may rename her after I ride her for a bit.

Side note it got some more power. She’s making 400hp on pump now. She’s gonna be fast.
I like the Radio Flyer...

My friend Ray had a red BMW S1000RR..I used to call it the triple R...(Ray's Red Rocket).....he rides an orange Street Glide now but I still refer to him as triple R.....

Making the trip down to pick up the bike from Alabama in the morning. Should be an 18-19hr drive. Plan on stopping after about 14hrs and getting a hotel.

Just think of it as an adventure. I’m driving a couple hundred miles Saturday to look at this antique. If it’s what the owner says it is I’ll be riding it back Sunday.

IMG_0253.png

She’s home safe and sound. Now I’m going to bed. Ended up driving like 28hrs straight back. I’m getting old. This one hurt.
That's way to many hours to be on the road if you drove 28 hours straight unless you had someone sharing the driving responsibilities. Better to spend a 100 bucks +/- for a hotel and arrive safely and well rested then push yourself that hard. Glad you're home safe now get some rest and enjoy your new bike.

Tried to work on putting the fairings on today but just couldn’t do it. I’m officially out of the long driving competitions. I’ve been sick as hell and could barely move. Lesson learned. I have done a 36hr drive before and many 25+ drives but never again. My body shut down when I got home. Going to be some decent weather this week, so I’m in no rush. I’ll get her all together soon. I’m not a young whipper snapper anymore.

Tried to work on putting the fairings on today but just couldn’t do it. I’m officially out of the long driving competitions. I’ve been sick as hell and could barely move. Lesson learned. I have done a 36hr drive before and many 25+ drives but never again. My body shut down when I got home. Going to be some decent weather this week, so I’m in no rush. I’ll get her all together soon. I’m not a young whipper snapper anymore.
A smart decision because as we get older we just can't do the things we use to do. My limit for driving is about 12 hours +/- and then I stop for the night, eat a good meal and get a good night's sleep and I'm well rested and ready to go the next day.

Haven’t you heard of these? Been around for a long time. Started out calling them auto camps but now they’re called MOTELS!

I used to do 900 mile days for work on rare occasions. I found that a rest area cat nap for 30-60 minutes did wonders.
Hi
Drove from New Bedford Ma to Vero Beack Fl stright then unloaded then back to Daytona Fl. were I went to sleep. I could drive 18 hrs then sleep. If I started to play with my hat I had to pull over ASAP an go to sleep even if I had been driving 4 hrs.

I usually make the drive from Alaska to Texas and back a couple times a year pulling my 48’ enclosed gooseneck. I’ve made it in 4 days each way, but as I’m aging, I’m learning to slow down a little. I still have to crash in the truck since few hotels have the room for the trailer, but I am stopping more and more. Love the turbo build BTW. I told the wife I want to do a 1397cc, then when I get bored with that power, I’ll just turbo that! She’s just keeps muttering million dollars from life insurance lol

I usually make the drive from Alaska to Texas and back a couple times a year pulling my 48’ enclosed gooseneck. I’ve made it in 4 days each way, but as I’m aging, I’m learning to slow down a little. I still have to crash in the truck since few hotels have the room for the trailer, but I am stopping more and more. Love the turbo build BTW. I told the wife I want to do a 1397cc, then when I get bored with that power, I’ll just turbo that! She’s just keeps muttering million dollars from life insurance lol
Hi. How a many miles? I can do Boston to El Paso in a day and a 1/2 with 1 nap spot for food and eat while driving. I do have 2,000,000 miles under my belt I am 74. Building an 800HP LSR / street busa. Help from DME, DAS, Powerhouse, IA Coatings and many more.

Hi. How a many miles? I can do Boston to El Paso in a day and a 1/2 with 1 nap spot for food and eat while driving. I do have 2,000,000 miles under my belt I am 74. Building an 800HP LSR / street busa. Help from DME, DAS, Powerhouse, IA Coatings and many more.
It’s 4300 miles each way. Biggest slowdown for me is road conditions while up in the northwest. And speed limits in Canada are really low.

Ok so a bunch of shakedown runs later and every little leak is fixed. Having a fan issue but working with the pros to figure it out. Wired my second fan to a switch so I can just turn it on for now.

I will say this thing is fast. I’m only on boost setting 3 out of 5 and it is scary. When that boost kicks in holy crap. There is nothing like it. With more seat time I’m sure it’ll eventually feel slow but right now it feels like I threw a saddle on an F35. It’s like starting over riding for the first time.

Back