My bike (Gen I) was mapped tonight....

something is puzzling why did it change from run 1 to run 2?
why can't people be real

At first I thought the same thing. Notice he changed the run names. He actually has a "Before" name and a "Tuned" name.

I leave all my run names the same and only change the name of the print out - Thus the customer can see the progression. If need be he can check the run notes if I happen to note a change in methodology or something significant. But then mine isn't a dynojet dyno.

I too, often note that tuners miraculously find lots of power in only three or four pulls, but I don't think that's the case here.

something is puzzling why did it change from run 1 to run 2?
why can't people be real

lol, and thats before you realise, the corrected run doesnt match the original dyno for ANY of the runs...

Why dyno operators and tuners feel the need to fudge their numbers by magic dynos is beyond me..

just show the customer where they started, what they gained... period... its not hard...

when i tune cars, i dont care what the numbers say... if all you could get in the tune was 10 hp, so be it, if you got 20 so be it...

its what the car has.... there is no need to lie or fudge...

YARGH, its a pet peeve of mine...

same with the guys who purpousfully put the weather station it hot spots etc.... there are so many sketchy dyno tricks its amazing..

Does anyone know of a reputable Tuner in the tri-state? I didn't really care if I gain any HP. I did it because I didn't think that the Dynojet map was optimized for my bike. Let me know.

Does anyone know of a reputable Tuner in the tri-state? I didn't really care if I gain any HP. I did it because I didn't think that the Dynojet map was optimized for my bike. Let me know.
BRO.... You don't want to start doubting your mech. Don't worry about the numbers, like the other guy said... there will always be someone with more money than you!!! Your guy did the work that you told him to do... If it runs great and you like the job he did... leave it at that!!!
Just my two cents

so just to clear the air on these dyno sheets. There was about a 10hp peak gain between the before and after tunning of this bike. You can look at corrected or uncorrected it still has a similar variance between pre-tune/post-tune.

Because Geesosa wanted to share his reults with the board in a format that was acceptable to all a quick graph was generated using the 1st post-tune run and the 2nd pre-tune run. This was just a random selection. There were more than few "before" runs (pre-tune) and after runs (post-tune).

I hope this helps settle everyones concerns. :beerchug:

JC - you might have meet the tunner up at Loring. Mike is a completely honest guy. He's not looking to make himself a name or grow the business or trick anyone. Hell he's not even the busines owner. This is the same shop where Walter (ghettoking) dynoed his turbo bike 300+ times.

Just ride it and enjoy. If you trust your mechanic, then thats all that matters. Other tricks you can do would be change the sprockets. it wont give you more horsepower but it will feel like it. you can also do the intake cam mod. Where is this shop at in NJ? How far is it from Ft. Dix?

Just ride it and enjoy. If you trust your mechanic, then thats all that matters. Other tricks you can do would be change the sprockets. it wont give you more horsepower but it will feel like it. you can also do the intake cam mod. Where is this shop at in NJ? How far is it from Ft. Dix?

Well that was the thing.. I have done business with them since 2003 (under the old mgmt) and I've never had a PCIII mapped. I have gotten tire swaps, and minor electric work done, etc. I put the maps up to try and learn about the process (I know a map is a mild tune), and my bike. I never thought the shop was janky, but I am truly new to the 'tuning' side of my motorcycle. I was/am open to another person's opinion if I deem them more knowledgable on a subject than I am. With that being said I was just trying to make sure everything with legit and I appreciate Commuta looking into it for me. I'm gonna concentrate on getting my bike ready for spring. I expecting posting my results to be a learning experience for me, and it has been.

Last edited:
haha give the man a break, the run 2 could be base run...
anyway to see how good the tune is, try a smoothing factor 3

5 usually show nice curves. cheers

Looks like a respectable gain to me. Unfortunately you are not going to squeeze much more out with small mods. Once you do the basics, like pipe, pc3 and filter the next step is making bigger mods. By the way, did you add a performance filter? The BMC filter made a big difference on mine.

Yeah I have a BMC Race.. I'm gonna try out Xtreme Machines in the near future and let them map my bike.

Looks like a respectable gain to me. Unfortunately you are not going to squeeze much more out with small mods. Once you do the basics, like pipe, pc3 and filter the next step is making bigger mods. By the way, did you add a performance filter? The BMC filter made a big difference on mine.

I like the factory dyno better than the dynojet. It gives you more usable info. Tommy is a great guy and always does a good job tunning bikes. I would recommend them to anyone. :beerchug::thumbsup:

Back