Muzzy stainless system.....

Monty

Registered
As I'm sure you've all seen I've been hunting around for a used HMF system lately.  I have to admit, I'm becoming more intrigued by the Muzzy stainless system with the aluminum can (yes the cheap one).  Have talked with a couple people who say the pipe makes good power and torque and sounds pretty nice to boot.

Would you muzzy owners please post your impressions of your pipe, especially if you have the standard stainless/aluminum system.  I'd like to know if this system is really a decent bang-for-the-buck rig or if it's just "ok" and will basically get you by till you can afford something better.

I understand the finish won't be on par with a top of the line Ti system, but I don't want a chinsy POS either.

Thanks,
Monty

sorry Monty, I've gotta Yosh system, can't help ya
wink.gif

good luck in your search though, but I do like my Yosh system
cool.gif
and the cost point is pretty cheap if you catch the right deal on ebay
wink.gif

wink.gif

I have a Muzzy system (Stainless/Aluminum) on my "01 and am completely happy with it.
It looks good, sounds good, and makes good power as well on mine with a small air box mod. It made 173.4 hp and 105.4 ft lbs of torque on a dynojet 250 at Brighton Superbike in Brighton, MI.
I don't think you can beat it for the price.

Pit Bull

I had the Muzzy that Pit is running on his bike...I would still have it but went with boost...Compared to all the other systems I have heard the Muzzy sounds the best deep throaty growl...It's a good looking pipe also...It can be polished to compare with chrome if you chose to do so...Bang for the buck you can't beat the Muzzy...
evil.gif

Got mine from Parts411 $532.00 s/h included to the door...
evil.gif

Thanks fellas, think I'm gonna go with the stainless system with stainless oval can....will know for sure in a day or so....just waiting for some prices on a couple of used hmf systems first...

The system with the round stainless can is like $100 cheaper than oval and just as good. Muzzy's stainless steel systems really are a good deal either way.

That's pretty cool Monty. I didn't even know that Muzzy made an oval can. Cool!! I do prefer an oval cannister as opposed to a round one. Now that I think about it in hindsight, I wish I would have bought the Muzzy, but I went with a full Micron instead. Don't get me wrong... I do like my Micron too. The sound is awesome, just in case you haven't heard it.

Brian

That's pretty cool Monty.  I didn't even know that Muzzy made an oval can.  Cool!!  
Yep, yep....three of em actually. They do the basic round can in aluminum and the oval in stainless steel, carbon fiber or titanium....

Carbon and titanium ovals push the price of the stainless header system up to like $735 give or take. Best price I've found for the aluminum round is $499 and $569 for the stainless oval....still good prices by a long shot.

I haven't ever heard the micron system on a busa, but have been somewhat intrigued by the hydraformed serpent headers...

Back