MrGxr and WAG take a road trip

MrGxr

Donating Member
Registered
The Roadtrip:

Started out on Wednesday around 2:30pm from Albuquerque, NM riding down to Elephant Butte, NM. Using I25 we were able to make some good time. Along the way we ran into a speed trap put together by the NM State Police. (luckily we were not on the interstate at the time) As we crossed over the bridge to enter I25 we passed a unit shooting radar up the interstate, as we made the turn onto the access ramp there were two more units.. one heading down the ramp and the second waiting to go. We entered the interstate and passed around 8 more units all having cars pulled over. We kept our speed down and moved along.
Stopped at a rest area to stretch the legs and then headed back on the road. I excellerated up and lost WAG... seems he forgot to buckle his helmet on. I pulled into a weigh station and waited for him to catch up. He caught up and away we went... not 5 miles down the road a State unit passed us heading the other way, no issue and we rolled on. Then all of a sudden this white SUV passes us.. then the State unit comes up an brakes. The unit sits in the left lane next us and behind the white SUV... lights go on and the SUV is pulled over. This is the kinda luck we had whole trip, saw lots of police but none of them bothered with us. Good mojo!!!

We arrived at Elephant Butte and stayed the night. Next morning we packed up the bikes and rode out. We went down I25 to Caballo and took Hwy 152 West out through Silver City, NM (passing two more NM State units along they way) and the Hwy 90 down to Lordsburg (passing two local Sheriffs and had one tail us for a little bit). At this point we had to get on I10 to continue the trip to Tucson, AZ. Passed a couple more units along the way, but no major issues. Except maybe the semi driver with the cell phone attached to his ear that pulled in on us. We just let off the throttle avoided the trailer and when safe passed him (we let him know he was number one in our book as we passed).

Arriving Tucson and finding my Cousin's house was fun. We had passed the exit, but didn't know it, so we ended up riding to the other end of Tucson before consulting the map and backtracking.

While in Tucson we rode out to Bisbee, Tombstone and the Biosphere II (not biodome, the guide was very adament about this).

The is was time to ride back. We used the same route and the only excitement was the road and the wind along the interstate.

It was a great ride and much needed to relieve the stress we both were feeling.

Thanks WAG is was a great time... next time maybe we should take the Wif's... LOL

IMG_3661.jpg

Looking back down at the road we just road up... fully loaded with saddle bags and we still dragged some pegs on the way up.

IMG_3663.jpg

Bisbee, AZ... great little down to relax and drink coffee in. Lots of shopping for antiques and custom made hats if you want one.

IMG_3679.jpg

Tombstone, AZ... what a tourist trap. Was able to pick up some Tshirts for the kids...

"I can be your Huckleberry"

Not sure what the heck it means, but Doc Holiday was known for saying it I guess.

IMG_3685.jpg

The South Lung access tunnel...

In order to keep the place from exploding or imploding they have two 20 ton lungs set up. As the air expands in the Biosphere it raises the lungs up and then when it cools down at night the lungs push the air back into the Biosphere keeping the temp around 82F all the time. (I think that was the temp... WAG?)

IMG_3721.jpg

The lung... pit in the middle of the chamber contains approx 250K of water that has been stored, used, and reused since 1993.

IMG_3722.jpg

Back