Hayabusa Owners Group

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mototeck Undertail Relay Resistor...

M3Busa

Registered
I am about to order the Mototeck undertail and noticed the "Relay / Resistor" do i need this to slow down my flashers? Is it a must have?

Thanks in advance

If the undertail has L.E.D. lights the relay is to slow down the blink rate. I like mine blinking fast, it looks different then normal and hopefully gets more attention that way.

Resistor will change the blink rate on led's (radio shack has then for roughly $1.06ea... Relay is nothing more than an electric switch that when activated can supply a steady stream of power! Often the loads required are greater than the capacity of the original equipment so you run a dedicated power source with a relay to complete the system.
beerchug.gif

Resistor will change the blink rate on led's (radio shack has then for roughly $1.06ea... Relay is nothing more than an electric switch that when activated can supply a steady stream of power! Often the loads required are greater than the capacity of the original equipment so you run a dedicated power source with a relay to complete the system.  
beerchug.gif
yes, i know what they are and what they do. I am asking, do i need it? i had decided to go with the radio shack option. i just need to find out what value do i need.

thanks

is a personal preference UNLESS you live in California... CA has laws about blink rates of all things. Indicator lights can only blink "rapidly" for 5 cycles and then either go solid or normal rate. (I think once per second is the rule).

I have tried running without them and personally do not like the fast blink rate.. radio shack has a 7.5ohm/50Watt resister that works just fine for the $1.60 posted above, you need 2 of them and they just wire in parallel with the LED's

I might add I have also used the 10ohm/50watt with out any problems in case they do not have the 7.5

there is a huge delay right now. i ordered mine and it just shipped. i ordered a month and a half ago. they couldnt even get one themselves so they got me one from a store who happened to have one. so be patient with this tail its going to be a while.
lurk.gif

i've ordered direct. great customer service. i like mine flashing fast
smileyexhibit.gif

anybody got a picture of this, on the bike ? I think that's going to be the next thing I do to my bike, undertail. I just don't know which one to get ? I want one that looks good, but people can see.

ANY IDEAS ? I'm nowhere near enough talented to take one apart, and add lights,
boohoo.gif

i have the Mototeck on my bike...i ordered mine with the following options:

2 - Lens options: Brake / flasher / transparent
3 - Leds options: 2 x 1157 (48Led red), 2 x (6 Led amber), 1 x Led white

because i wanted to make sure it was as visible as possible...it takes extra time for them to make it when you upgrade to the higher # of LED's...i think i waited approximately 6 months for mine to come in...here is a pic with one lens on and one off so you can see the LED's
beerchug.gif

IMG_1589__Large_.JPG

my install thread linky

i also used the Mototeck resistor's since i personally like the slower flash rate...bought a set from kromdom that he had decided not to use

i have the Mototeck on my bike...i ordered mine with the following options:

2 - Lens options: Brake / flasher / transparent
3 - Leds options: 2 x 1157 (48Led red), 2 x (6 Led amber), 1 x Led white

because i wanted to make sure it was as visible as possible...it takes extra time for them to make it when you upgrade to the higher # of LED's...i think i waited approximately 6 months for mine to come in...here is a pic with one lens on and one off so you can see the LED's
beerchug.gif
6 MONTHS
eek2.gif

I have the programmable relay. I have 10 choices/blinking patterns I can choose from. Great product for $40 from fleabay.

I left mine off, I liked the spastic blink, it gets attention...

Hey semi, and fast1200gp, thanks for the pic.'s. That undertail looks REALLY GOOD on the bike !!

Top Bottom