Motorcyclist Magazine article...

VaBusa

oRg Gal
Staff member
Administrator
I read it last night...felt like a loser for having a first generation Busa after all of the jabs at the original model...hey, I'm thrilled that Suzuki brought improvements to the table and the review of the '08 is a great one, but man, they really ragged on the generation of Busa that started it all...
dunno.gif

Anyone else read it? Is this a
repost.gif

Hey, the bike hasn't changed, it is still a great motorcycle, the writers have to sell magazines; to do that, they have to sell advertising; to do that, they have to sell motorcycles...

I like the way the original test (I forget which mag) said the faux carbon fiber surround on the instruments looked good, but in the test of the '08 they criticize that same trim!

And the new bike is a friggin' land yacht! How can you call a motorcycle sporting when it weighs 600 lbs.?

No knock on the guys that bought one, but to me, tacking on an extra 35 lbs. is unforgiveable. It would take a full exhaust and two aftermarket wheels just to get it down to 560 lbs. That same work on a Gen 1 gets you to 525 lbs., still heavy but much more manageable. The suspension upgrades are nice. I wonder how much, if any, weight they added.

I'm glad the '08 is changed; because of the change, I got my '07 for $9,400 out the door.

Blue1

I like both generations, but I did find it amusing that I'm certain the same magazine once praised Suzuki's flagship bike, and in this article, you'd think it was some old dusty beast that's been dying a slow death in the corner...

Kudos to ALL Busa riders...I like both generations...just found the article a bit scathing toward the bike that started it all
winkold.gif

I think I'll toss the magazine when I get home
laugh.gif

Yep I have it, the smackdown issue
I have an 08 so I guess I didn't feel like they were slamming the Gen I just showing the improvements.

The original Busa is a legend but just think if they were to compare a 99 liter bike to an 08?  
rock.gif

It was a hard decision for me between a new 07 or 08. Advantages to both with respect to price, aftermarket and styling. I went with the 08 but if I already had a Gen I I wouldn't trade up. I still may get a 06 LE one day anyway.

Don't be upset, one day they will be doing the same comparo to the then new Busa against the 08 and it probably wont be nine years from now  
winkold.gif

I could care less. I know the '08 is a monster and have no doubt it is much improved. I picked up my '03 because I love the color scheme and can live with the "weak" power.

Can't be thinking about an 08,I'm not done modding my 06.When I think of what my 06 is actually worth and the price on the 08,my gen1 is just fine.

Both are great bikes. Looks like they could have figured out some way to not put the HUGE cans on the new bike and incorperate the rear blinkers into the tail section alittle better, instead of looking like they are just stuck on there. I will probably buy one anyway when my 05 is paid off in a couple of years.

Incremental improvements all over. But they have to gloat on that to make a psycological impact. I keep mine, thank you very much. It serves me just fine.

Michelle, the new bike is absolutely gorgeous,but I really think they needed to step up big time in the hp range,I was really disappointed to see the performance in my friends bike here.They do have to sell mags,and to do that,sometimes they need to strike cords I guess.The bike is a legend,and I'm proud that I've been able to own several.
beerchug.gif

I won't down the '08 at all...it's got a following already (check out just how many '08 threads we have here!), but I was just surprised to see how badly they referred to the first generation bikes...

I still love mine...it's not going anywhere...
smile.gif

The '08 busa had better be better than the Gen 1 busas.

How stupid would that be if the new bike was worse than the old bike...?

Back