Motorcycle Safety Topic of the Week

ridercoach

Post ***** King & Local Safety Guru
Donating Member
Registered
I was sitting her today and trying to figure out what to talk about for the safety topic that we haven discussed. I have come up with a few idea to speak about, but my ideas may not always jive with what the board wants. So I would like to get some input on what you all want to discuss. The more ideas the better. I will use all ideas in future posts. Please guys and gals, this is a safety post so please No Shaving, Stunting, Top speed, or Fighting related topics.

Unless its shaving your nads while doing a wheelie at 150 and fighting with the gray hair next to you in a cage.
biggrin.gif

So hit me guys, give me material for the next couple of months. Anything relating to safety and motorcycles.

biggrin.gif

Dave (Coach)

biggrin.gif

How about looking both ways after the traffic light goes from red to green? I & I'm sure others forget to do this one.

<!--EDIT|busahaya
Reason for Edit: "I forgot how to type a sentence:)"|1106165877 -->

I would think that since we have several meets coming up this year we should cover group riding, PACE, and whatever else would help prepare us for a get-together. Just my $.02 (not worth that much!!)
biggrin.gif

I like the group ride topic..
biggrin.gif
Glad to see a big turn out of ideas here
laugh.gif

Cornering Techniques
Routine Maintenance
Braking (for corners, emergency stops, front/rear brake use.)
Defensive Riding
Tips for riding with Passengers, Luggage.
Riding at Night
Riding in the Rain/wet roads.
Basic First Aid for injured/fallen riders.
Recommended Safety Equipment (Products, Reviews)

Daily pre-ride checklists
multiple rider techniques-love it!
How to be safe while bogging engine riding with Hardly buddies!

Cornering Techniques
Routine Maintenance
Braking (for corners, emergency stops, front/rear brake use.)
Defensive Riding
Tips for riding with Passengers, Luggage.
Riding at Night
Riding in the Rain/wet roads.
Basic First Aid for injured/fallen riders.
Recommended Safety Equipment (Products, Reviews)
<span style='color:orangered'>Defensive Riding</span> Sure But I would like one regarding the benefits of OFFENSIVE Strategies and habits as well.

No I don't mean honestly Offensive and in has to be Rude, I mean as in BEst Defense is a GOOD OFFENSE....

<span style='color:orangered'>Riding in the Rain/wet roads.</span> I like this Idea too.... Seems a lot of folks just PARK IT. I mean all you have to do is watch AMA, MOTO GP Or WSB to realize that you can actually haul some pretty significant ass in the Rain... But you have to be smart, and some tips might be handy...

Thanks guys, I now have so good material to work with and I know what you all really want to hear about.
biggrin.gif

proper gear for the weather, long distance planning . I wish I could come up with some other stuff.

Back