MotoGP Riders, who do you think will win?

Charlesbusa

Used to be a SoCal Busa
Donating Member
Registered
Here are the odds from bwin.com;

Valentino Rossi (ITA/Yamaha) 1.90
Casey Stoner (AUS/Ducati) 3.00
Dani Pedrosa (ESP/Honda) 8.00
Jorge Lorenzo (ESP/Yamaha) 9.00
Andrea Dovizioso (ITA/Honda) 16.00
Nicky Hayden (USA/Ducati) 25.00
Loris Capirossi (ITA/Suzuki) 50.00
Chris Vermeulen (AUS/Suzuki) 50.00
Mika Kallio (FIN/Ducati) 100.00
Toni Elias (ESP/Honda) 100.00
Colin Edwards (USA/Yamaha) 100.00
Sete Gibernau (ESP/Ducati) 150.00
Marco Melandri (ITA/Kawasaki) 150.00
James Toseland (GBR/Yamaha) 150.00
Alex de Angelis (RSA/Honda) 200.00
Randy de Puniet (FRA/Honda) 250.00
Yuki Takahashi (JPN/Honda) 300.00
Niccola Canpea (ITA/Ducati) 400.00

What do you think? Do you agree?

I for one think they weight the European riders heavy.

I'd change Pedrosa to 9.25 which puts him behind Lorenzo.
Keep Lorenzo at 9.00

And change Dovizioso to 25.00, which puts him equal to Hayden.

What do you guys think? :beerchug:

ok rookie thing here... how much a difference do the bike brands make?

I believe I heard Yamaha re-did the entire bike,,,Ben Spies looked untouchable the other week when I seen him win back to back,looked like everyone else was standing still out there

btw , why isnt spies onthat list,just asking,Ive only been watching for 2 seasons,so I dont claim to know the classes or what have you

Last edited:
I believe I heard Yamaha re-did the entire bike,,,Ben Spies looked untouchable the other week when I seen him win back to back,looked like everyone else was standing still out there

btw , why isnt spies onthat list,just asking,Ive only been watching for 2 seasons,so I dont claim to know the classes or what have you

motogp not superbike!

Baring injury, I'll say Valentino will take the trophy again this year.
If Casey Stoner get's his wrist back together he'll definitely have laps up front. But with the spec tires putting things a little more on an even keel, and he has to fight for it, he'll choke.
Pedrosa, I don't think so. He's too hurt, too early.
A few of the others, Lorenzo, Hayden, Dovi, CE2, will have flashes of brilliance, but no real threats to the championship.
My :2cents:.

Gotta think its a two rider fight right out of the gate, Rossi Vs Stoner. Rossi needs to get in front of Stoner early or Stoner might just run and hide. I have read a few reports that Caseys wrist is still not healed though so it might not be close at all. From there it is a tough call. I think just like last year that if Lorenzo stays healthy he can be right in the mix with those two. He had some major speed early last year and then it all went south after his wrecks in China and Laguna. Pedrosa is banged up and I think his own team mate may be working him over for top Honda honors. What Dovi did on the private Honda last year was damned impressive! Hayden on the Ducati is anybody's guess. He could be right with the fast guys or he might struggle. So far he has struggled on the Ducati but I know he will get a handle on it hopefully sooner than later. The Suzuki duo are both extremely lucky Suzuki chose to use its checkbook as a booster seat this year and not hire Spies to replace one of them. I see a lot of 7th or 8th place finishes for these two again this year. The Tech 3 Monster Yamaha guys are in this same boat. The new wall down the middle of the garage is further evidence of this teams dis-functionalism. I don't think the new 250 guys (Kallio and Takahashi) are going to have an easy go of it. They were never the fastest guys on 250's and I don't see that changing in the big show. As I have posted before Spies, Simoncelli and Bautista are all much faster than these two and they are not in the show this year for whatever reason. As far as the rest of the field fillers DeAngellis and Gibernau are the only two with any real glimmer of speed.

Rossi and my sleeper is Toseland. I am rooting for Hayden though. Moto GP is awesome! Wardie

The MotoGP bike is very different than the SBK. The Yamaha SBK had a major change to reflect what success Yamaha has had in MotoGP. Rossi was using the new firing order on the GP bike last. This year it trrickled down to WSBK.

ok rookie thing here... how much a difference do the bike brands make?

Yamaha, Ductai and Honda are competitive. Suzuki and the Dornasaki only have a chance in the wet and maybe Laguna for Suzuki(Vermeluen always goes well there).

Jerez test times from today. Edwards appears to be on form early, considering he is new to the Bridgestone's.

1. Casey Stoner AUS Ducati Marlboro Team 1min 41.417 sec
2. Valentino Rossi ITA Fiat Yamaha Team 1min 41.480 sec
3. Colin Edwards USA Monster Yamaha Tech 3 1min 41.538 sec
4. Jorge Lorenzo SPA Fiat Yamaha Team 1min 41.850 sec
5. Chris Vermeulen AUS Team Suzuki 1min 42.044 sec
6. Toni Elias SPA San Carlo Honda Gresini 1min 42.060 sec
7. Andrea Dovizioso ITA Repsol Honda Team 1min 42.103 sec
8. Randy de Puniet FRA LCR Honda MotoGP 1min 42.239 sec
9. Nicky Hayden USA Ducati Marlboro Team 1min 42.258 sec
10. Loris Capirossi ITA Team Suzuki 1min 42.301 sec
11. Sete Gibernau SPA Grupo Francisco Hernando 1min 42.456 sec
12. James Toseland GBR Monster Yamaha Tech 3 1min 42.505 sec
13. Alex de Angelis RSM San Carlo Honda Gresini 1min 42.843 sec
14. Marco Melandri ITA Hayate Racing Team 1min 42.899 sec
15. Mika Kallio FIN Pramac Racing 1min 43.336 sec
16. Vittoriano Guareschi ITA Ducati Test Rider 1min 44.281 sec
17. Yuki Takahashi JPN Team Scot 1min 44.521 sec
18. Kousuke Akiyoshi JPN Repsol Honda Team 1min 45.125 sec
19. Niccolo Canepa ITA Pramac Racing 1min 46.638 sec

BTW has anyone seen the new Randy Depuniet pics on MCN??? I wont post the pic on here but if you go to the site you will see the one I am talking about. His new Sponsor is awesome! :rofl:

Link

Jerez test times from today. Edwards appears to be on form early, considering he is new to the Bridgestone's.

1. Casey Stoner AUS Ducati Marlboro Team 1min 41.417 sec
2. Valentino Rossi ITA Fiat Yamaha Team 1min 41.480 sec
3. Colin Edwards USA Monster Yamaha Tech 3 1min 41.538 sec
4. Jorge Lorenzo SPA Fiat Yamaha Team 1min 41.850 sec
5. Chris Vermeulen AUS Team Suzuki 1min 42.044 sec
6. Toni Elias SPA San Carlo Honda Gresini 1min 42.060 sec
7. Andrea Dovizioso ITA Repsol Honda Team 1min 42.103 sec
8. Randy de Puniet FRA LCR Honda MotoGP 1min 42.239 sec
9. Nicky Hayden USA Ducati Marlboro Team 1min 42.258 sec
10. Loris Capirossi ITA Team Suzuki 1min 42.301 sec
11. Sete Gibernau SPA Grupo Francisco Hernando 1min 42.456 sec
12. James Toseland GBR Monster Yamaha Tech 3 1min 42.505 sec