More Shifting Help.

Thanks man.
You guys have all "paid it forward" to me with all of the info that I have gotten from this forum.
Hope I can pay back just a little.

Mike A
clap.gif
BRAVO
clap.gif
.......MAN THAT WAS AWSOME, THANK YOU
bowdown.gif

clap.gif

If anyone in the DC metro area wants to do this to their bike, I can help. Free of charge.

I think this post deserved to be sticky in DIY forum. :thumbsup:

Awesome job Mike!

I bought this set for my bike.:thumbsup:

Thanks Vic.
Much appreciated.
It is an awesome fix and I love it.
I would also like it to be pinned, but I don't think the guy that started the thread should ask for that?
If you run into any trouble or want to ask a question, just fire away.
You won't regret this mod!

I am hoping one of the site "Sponsors" will host a Group buy on this mod.... I have heard nothing but good about it and this is an excellent DIY thread.... "PIN" :)

I am hoping one of the site "Sponsors" will host a Group buy on this mod.... I have heard nothing but good about it and this is an excellent DIY thread.... "PIN" :)

Thanks Randy

This board has been good to me so I thought I would also try and help out others.
It really is an easy install. And it really does make a positive difference.

Nice thread. Not near my Busa, but couldn't you remove this bolt to access the hard to get bugger?
Looks like a 8mm. If the socket wont fit thru the hole, a extention should. So put the socket and universal on after sliding a extention thru that bolt hole.
Will try when I get my shift kit. From pics it looks like it might work.

2.JPG

Could work.
I don't remember it that well now (that is why I took the pics! LOL ).
It didn't occur to me at the time, but let us all know. That is why I started this thread, for others to add to/improve on.

I just looked at a Busa, no chance. It's just in there.

Thats why when at Walmart or Home Depot you should pick up a cheap set of wrenches.
I feel alot better cutting, grinding and bending a cheap wrench then a Craftsman or Snap-on.

One thing I forgot to mention in my DIY thread is when you are loosening and tightening the allen head center bolt that holds the shift star on, take a screwdriver or similar and place it between two of the studs on the star (as in the pic) so as to give some back pressure when you are loosening or tightening that bolt. Hold the screwdriver steady against the force you are exerting on the bolt.
This will stop the force of the loosening and tightening of that bolt from going to the shift drum and shift forks. I didn’t want those 2 things to be the only thing holding back the force of the loosening and tightening of that bolt.
Good luck all!
Let us know how it works!

DSC09768.ared.JPG

tried installing the kit yesterday and could not get to the last bolt behind the kickstand. You cannot fit a socket with a extension through it, plus it's not centered over it either way. So...i decided to go to Sears to get the offset 8mm....well low and behold they DO NOT CARRY IT! So now i'm gonna have to find one somehow...talk about sucking!

Ram

Going to change sprockets and chain, sounds like a simple mod and with awesome instructions. Thanks :thumbsup:

Does it work like the Power commander quick shifter?Do not need to clutch in to engage gears?

I bought mine in a group buy last fall and just did the install today. It wasn't too bad-about 2 hours. Couldn't of done it without this thread. Hard to believe the manufacturer didn't include any instructions for an install this complex. I guess they figure if you have to ask you shouldn't be doing it.:dunno: Thanks to the Org, again:thumbsup:

Back