More drama with my bike accident!!

Where did you guys get i was passing on the right i switched to the left lane from the right lane why the hell would i pass in the right lane.???

I'm sorry dino all i did was glance at your question i didnt fully read it.
Also i never said i could have stopped they said that i could have and i agreed that i may have been able too. But i had no where to go on the left or right of me.

Wow, I have such a headache after reading this whole thread.......Anyway I'm glad you survived this accident and hopefully we can all learn from it. Curious, what type of riding gear did you have on? Leathers, mesh, jeans. I hope the gear nazi's don't start going off but i'm just curious. Good luck on getting the bike back up and running. Be careful out there, there's plenty of nuts to look out for!

I had jeans, shirt, shoes, and my lid. I should have been wearing my jacket and gloves but i wasnt:whistle: and they have already gave me hell about it. But its all good:thumbsup:

The ziptie trick only improves the firmness of the lever. Has absolutely no effect on the braking ability of the bike. :beerchug:

I think those 2 statements contradict one another. Not having to pull the lever back to the grip definitely is an improvement on the braking ability.

It's pretty apparent you are a real guru on brakes as well as a master on how to use them. As a matter of fact, I remember you posting up on PNWriders.com about your brakes on your busa having a problem. I also think it was me who pointed out your steel brake lines were mounted backwards.

If I remember correctly, you have never done a track day, never scuffed a puck so here is what I'll do for you! Mike Sullivan has a track day two weeks from today (June 11) at Pacific Raceway just up the road from you. Sign up either for the school or the track day (Whichever you prefer) At lunch time when the track is cold, you and I can assess your braking skills.

We can test your braking ability at the end of the front stright from a Buck Sixty and see if you and your aftermarket zip tied brakes are worthy of praise or if it just simply hot air. If you can indeed out brake me on my stock busa, I'll pay for your track or school day as well as make a $500 side bet with you.

If you can out brake me with my bone stock busa brakes, then I'll come on here and give you a public apology for insinuating you are full of hot air. If you can't perform and fall short I promise to donate your $500 to the Seattle 100 Charity event!

:beerchug:

Last edited:
You won't stretch anything or bust any seals. If you have problems with that, it has nothing to do with putting pressure on your brakes. Putting pressure on them is what they are made to do. Putting a zip tie around it is just a simple way once a month or so, to get your brakes back up to par again, instead of bleeding your system. It has nothing to do with stunting and it WILL NOT make your brakes any firmer than they were stock. You are laughable as most idiots on 2 wheels. Don't talk about **** you know nothing about.
I didn't think there would be so many misinformed squids on this website but it doesn't appear to be different than any other.

No sir, what is laughable is that fact that your trying to half-ass accomplish something with an improper method that there actually exists a proper method to accomplish. And as for me being a "2 wheeled idiot" talking about "**** I dont know anything about", while I'll admit I'm not a motorcycle mechanic, I was a mechanic in the military and also happen to have a 2 year automotive diploma so I have plenty of room to critasize this crude method that you think is there to remove air from your breaking system. If YOU had any clue whatsoever as to how a braking system even operated, you would realize just how idiotic that whole thing really sounds. Just because people have been passing the idea down forever doesnt mean its a good one..... I could rattle off several old "racer tricks" that are good for nothing but screwing up machinery but most people on this forum are educated enough to figure them out for themselves so I wont waste the time of the many just to argue with the few that wont understand it anyway...:whistle:

Last edited:
You fail to see the point like evryone else LILtroy. Granted like they said i could have stopped in the distance it took my bike to hit her car. I'm not gonna argue that but at that moment i felt the safest thing for me to do was lay the bike down to avoid severe impact and it worked as i walked away with minimal roadrash. As i get more experience riding hopfully thatwill never happen again. Now back to my point. I guess you have never heard the phrase right of way, which is what i had. I honestly cant remeber anything but me seeing her in my lane and me laying the bike down. I vaguely remember that due to the concusion i received. If she wouldnt have tried to chance turning out when she did none of this ever would have happened. I never take chances like that in my car or bike, because you never know someone might just pop out of nowhere like i did. I always wait till the road is perfectly clear to make my turn. Thats why i have never to this date had an auto accident. I'm not saying i never will but so far i have had none.

Sorry, for some reason I was under the impression that you were on a 4 lane passing in the slow lane, but now that I know you were on a 2-lane...it was definately your fault......you NEVER have the right of way when you're traveling in the opposite lane going the wrong direction(ie;passing someone)!Thats just common sense...its not your lane. And just for the record..I never said anything about you laying it down or your braking so I dont even know where you were coming from with that???

It's pretty apparent you are a real guru on brakes as well as a master on how to use them. As a matter of fact, I remember you posting up on PNWriders.com about your brakes on your busa having a problem. I also think it was me who pointed out your steel brake lines were mounted backwards.

If I remember correctly, you have never done a track day, never scuffed a puck so here is what I'll do for you! Mike Sullivan has a track day two weeks from today (June 11) at Pacific Raceway just up the road from you. Sign up either for the school or the track day (Whichever you prefer) At lunch time when the track is cold, you and I can assess your braking skills.

We can test your braking ability at the end of the front stright from a Buck Sixty and see if you and your aftermarket zip tied brakes are worthy of praise or if it just simply hot air. If you can indeed out brake me on my stock busa, I'll pay for your track or school day as well as make a $500 side bet with you.

If you can out brake me with my bone stock busa brakes, then I'll come on here and give you a public apology for insinuating you are full of hot air. If you can't perform and fall short I promise to donate your $500 to the Seattle 100 Charity event!

but can your dad beat up his dad? :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

No sir, what is laughable is that fact that your trying to half-ass accomplish something with an improper method that there actually exists a proper method to accomplish. And as for me being a "2 wheeled idiot" talking about "**** I dont know anything about", while I'll admit I'm not a motorcycle mechanic, I was a mechanic in the military and also happen to have a 2 year automotive diploma so I have plenty of room to critasize this crude method that you think is there to remove air from your breaking system. If YOU had any clue whatsoever as to how a braking system even operated, you would realize just how idiotic that whole thing really sounds. Just because people have been passing the idea down forever doesnt mean its a good one..... I could rattle off several old "racer tricks" that are good for nothing but screwing up machinery but most people on this forum are educated enough to figure them out for themselves so I wont waste the time of the many just to argue with the few that wont understand it anyway...:whistle:

if applying full pressure to your calipers is gonna cause them to blow out, you better start looking at better seals.

Your calipers (seals) should only fail from age fatigue or dirt ripping them up.

I don't care HOW MANY times you pump your brakes, you do not force the fluid towards the master cylinder. That is why you open the bleeder to remove air. You are hopefully forcing air towards it. No I don't remember the logic as to way pressurizing the system causes loss of air, but yes a firmer lever would imply less air in the system.

You did point it out and I appreciated your help. I'm pretty sure I said thank you?

I'm currently attending college using my gi bill after my stint in the military and moving in to a new house with my beautiful fiance on July 1st so I don't see the money being there to do a track day with you but thanks. I have "scuffed a puck" but it's true, I don't have the money to go to all the track days like you. Thanks for bringing that to everyone's attention.

I'm ok with you insinuating that I'm "full of hot air." You'll have to find 500 bucks elsewhere. I'm poor now. :)

:cheerleader:

Where did you guys get i was passing on the right i switched to the left lane from the right lane why the hell would i pass in the right lane.???

I thought you said you hit her on the drivers side. In order to do that she would have had to pull out from the right are you saying she pulled out in front of a car crossed his path and into your lane and you were all the way to the left?
Posted via Mobile Device

Steven, you just put a big smile on my face. Thank you!

if applying full pressure to your calipers is gonna cause them to blow out, you better start looking at better seals.I completely agree, there should be absolutely no problem with applying full pressure to your brake system..on and off..for a few seconds to a few minutes at a time. They're designed for that. They are NOT however, designed to hold full pressure for a rediculous amount of time! saw...24 hours of maximum pressure:rulez: No brake system that I know of is actually meant to maintain its maximum pressure for extened periods of time such as this.This is the reason that automobiles still use a cable to accuate the rear brake for the emergency brake instead of using the hydraulic system to hold it...because the engineers who designed ti knew that it would be used for extended peirods and would stress seals,boots,ect.

Your calipers (seals) should only fail from age fatigue or dirt ripping them up.
Again,I completely agree...under "normal" use for which they were intended.
I don't care HOW MANY times you pump your brakes, you do not force the fluid towards the master cylinder. That is why you open the bleeder to remove air. You are hopefully forcing air towards it. No I don't remember the logic as to way pressurizing the system causes loss of air, but yes a firmer lever would imply less air in the system.This is the whole point I've been trying to make! If your going to do it...do it the right way.

Last edited:
Sorry, for some reason I was under the impression that you were on a 4 lane passing in the slow lane, but now that I know you were on a 2-lane...it was definately your fault......you NEVER have the right of way when you're traveling in the opposite lane going the wrong direction(ie;passing someone)!Thats just common sense...its not your lane. And just for the record..I never said anything about you laying it down or your braking so I dont even know where you were coming from with that???

DUDE there were 2 lanes going in my direction (north) and 2 lanes going in the other direction (south). I switched from the right lane to the left lane to pass a car, and when i did that she had pulled in to my lane as she was crossing the road to get in the lanes going the other direction.

I thought you said you hit her on the drivers side. In order to do that she would have had to pull out from the right are you saying she pulled out in front of a car crossed his path and into your lane and you were all the way to the left?
Posted via Mobile Device

Yes i was heading north and she had to cross my path to go south. I was behind a car that she seen coming when she pulled out from the side road.

I would say that the emergency cable may be used as an alternative and cheap method of applying the rear brake in case of say, you damage a brake line. Since this could easily occur, I think the engineers thought of ways to ensure you could get your vehicle stopped in case of an emergency....(hence the name?) Since older cars actually had cable brakes....it was a "tried and true" method they knew they can rely on if all else failed. I guess similar logic applies to spring brakes on semi's.

You should be able to pressurize your seal without issue. To say that constant pressure on a brake seal will cause it to leak is like saying then...why doesn't a fork seal leak twice as fast since they are under constant pressure? No one ever said to over exert the force on the system...they said to tie it down with constant pressure. There is a difference.

Yes i was heading north and she had to cross my path to go south. I was behind a car that she seen coming when she pulled out from the side road.

You are not making sense (but it could be me). Based on what I am understanding. She came from your right and crossed infront of the car that you were behind and you hit her after she cleared that car on the left side of the road. Is that right?

Back