Montgomery carbon fiber headlight?

Yep they definitely need a bit of trimming to fit right. I think the quality and fitment is decent compared to most carbon/fiberglass parts I've received in the past for cars. I did use the rubber grommets from the original headlight in between the bolt and the mounting tabs to take up some space.

Update, you'll definitely need a Dremel and a drill. I had to carve out some of the excess material to allow clearance for fitment on the RAM inserts. Just 2 holes drilled and riveted for the headlight.

The end result is not perfect, but not bad imo. I dont regret it at all.

View attachment 1646533

View attachment 1646534

View attachment 1646535

View attachment 1646536

View attachment 1646537
Did you pick up any power with those inserts? I want some except it would be a waste to me if they did not add any airflow. I would be able to see it in Woolich as it would lean out the AFR a little.

I wonder if some of you CF-enabled guys could experiment with a real change upfront. Like moving to linear LEDs under the intake pods, sort of like an R1, and making the headlight a real "beak"? Or center the intake at the headlight and put projectors on the 2 sides?

I wonder if some of you CF-enabled guys could experiment with a real change upfront. Like moving to linear LEDs under the intake pods, sort of like an R1, and making the headlight a real "beak"? Or center the intake at the headlight and put projectors on the 2 sides?
Pretty hard to beat the front of this bike...

R1.jpg

Back