Miller/Mugello

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

The AMA guys are using the Perimeter track and WSBK guys are using the same track the AMA used to run. Why I have no idea.

http://www.millermotorsportspark.com/images/maps/MMPFacilityMap.jpg
WSBK said they wanted no sponsorship/sign conflicts with AMA. So all the WSBK signs are on the outside of the course, while the AMA sbk sponsors, i.e. Dunlop, Dynojet, are on the inner course.

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Busa guys or Busa guys on liter bikes  , what lap times were you running @ Miller ?
Nan's father timed the session Charles and I were dicin'....he said a best of 3:30 or 3:35. And we were both giving it our all!!

This was the 4.5 mile full track configuration.

The club racers who race with MoM (Masters of the Mountain) series had a best of 3:09!! Spies and Mladin are currently 2:45 and 2:46 respectively!! DID ANYONE SAY TRACTION CONTROL???!!!
thumb_down.gif

But I can definitely see the spots where TC would give you huge advantages and help you make up grips of time. The track is very fast and very flowing, so the longer you can keep it WOT, the better the laptimes.

I posted this in our hayabusa.org trackday forum last year. This guy rode the same day, same group with us last year (some of us .org guys are in this vid see if you could spot us. In order: DevilDog, me, Charlesbusa, and BigO  
beerchug.gif
 ). He's a club racer starting to make a name for himself by racing with MMP resident racer Shane Turpin. Anyhow, here's what the FULL TRACK 4.5 MILE looks like!!

You guys should join us this Labor day!! Busa.org trackday MMP extravaganza is gonna be off the chain!!

Last edited by a moderator:
here's a mat mladin from a couple weeks ago. check out 2:13 into the video. He is going through MMP's Windup and Release. On Release "T24" you can hear his traction control cut in and save him from a high side. You can also hear his rear step out big time and start the process of bucking him off until the TC kicks in. That's where he makes AWESOME time:

Last edited by a moderator:
and finally...a link to onthethrottle.tv's video where they ask what rider's think of the new 4.5 mile configuration. Many of the org members who did the labor day weekend there last year will AGREE WITH GEOFF MAY, "IT'S HEAVEN FOR MOTORCYCLES!!"

Rider's thoughts on the Full course!

Just noticed Rossi got Pole in Mugello today. At this point I don't really care who wins as long as it aint Pedrosa! I want to see a real Rossi VS Lorenzo battle at some point though! I kinda miss the old Rossi VS Gibernau battles. Fun to watch!

Rossi is having fun again so watch out Pedrosa fans . Rossi is getting faster  
laugh.gif

Earlier in the week he tried the newest Bridgestone front qualifier and said it worked great . Seems they only brought one though and it was already done in and not used to get the pole position this morning . Next race all the Bridgestone shod bikes will have it available .

Anyway , GO  Loris Capriossi  and Chris V !!!! -

and

Bridgestone Tires  
ThumbsUp.gif

Back