Miller/Mugello

bigoltool

Registered
So with the WSBK/AMA SBK doubleheader at Miller and the MotoGP race at Mugello this weekend there is going to be a mother load of racing to record this weekend. I am going to give my DVR a workout for sure.

The first shock of the weekend is here.

More to follow I am sure.

I can't wait!!!
cool.gif

I hope the big Kawi can at least battle up front for at least some of the race. But I don't expect it to be there at the end.
lurk.gif

I read that 41 year old Okada will wild card ride in Mugello to further the testing of Honda's pneumatic valve engine . They have been saying it's really potent .

No American wild card rider on a Kawasaki for either GP race in the USA this year ? --- kinda surprised about that one.

Probably gas prices
winkold.gif

I read that 41 year old Okada will wild card ride in Mugello to further the testing of Honda's pneumatic valve engine . They have been saying it's really potent .

No American wild card rider on a Kawasaki for either GP race in the USA this year ? --- kinda surprised about that one.

Probably gas prices  
winkold.gif
They will probably put Chaz daies on it? I dont get the hoopla over him. He's an Ok rider but for some reason the MotoGP boys seem to love him.

The two
peace.gif
 things I want to see at Miller; is: 1) SBK and 2) The Speed differences between SBK and AMA. Uhhhhhh
winkold.gif
, OH Yeah, they're not running the same track so you can't compair
tounge.gif
. Me Think-ie
sadnews.gif
 there is something they DON'T want you to see  
laugh.gif

Well, lets see how their lap times compare to the boys of the oRg. J/K

Can't wait for this race weekend. Lamb will watch these races probably 5 times before the Hayabusa.oRg west coast trackday at this very track over labor day weekend. Hopefully this turns a few heads and a few folks will join the other hayabusa trackday junkies.

There's always last year's lap times to compare with  
winkold.gif
The Euros are already making excuses. "We are on Spec tires", "we have never been to this track" they fear a direct comparison! I want to see a heads up like in supercross east/west showdown style. There was a blurb on AMA Superbike.com today interviewing Neil Hodgson and he told them that Spies and Mladin are the two best superbike riders on the planet! And he should know, He's raced against all of them!
thumb_up.gif

Relish it guys, it all goes bye bye at the end of the season!
thumb_down.gif

Quote: Relish it guys, it all goes bye bye at the end of the season!

It's been a sad day since the 1000's stopped running the Daytona 200 race . Then the BOT's was jacked with .

Guess it's going downhill pretty fast .

Whats it coming to , spec racing ?

NASMAR?  
laugh.gif

Spec racing I can live with its the neutered classes they are proposing I am unhappy with.

BTW check this out first WSBK practice speeds. First 11 guys within a second!

Is the Miller track set up identical for the AMA and WSB bikes turn for turn because ,,,

2:47.169 for Hacking - Maladin 2:47.342

1:50.710 for Bayliss - Carlos 1:50.719

They are hammering the AMA bikes .

I recall the actual race lap times for the top few WSB's being "aprox" 2.6 - 2.9 seconds per lap slower than the MotoGP bikes this season at Losail . Times 22 laps thats a big gap at the finish line but holy moly the lap time difference above , assuming track set up identical .

I feel dumb for even posting that ... there HAS to be a configuration difference but google was not my friend
rock.gif

Busa guys or Busa guys on liter bikes , what lap times were you running @ Miller ?

You have to use LAST year's lap times to compare
winkold.gif

Last year the AMA guys ran the same config that WSBK is using this year.

Is the Miller track set up identical for the AMA and WSB bikes turn for turn because  ,,,

2:47.169 for Hacking - Maladin 2:47.342

1:50.710 for Bayliss - Carlos  1:50.719

They are hammering the AMA bikes .

I recall the actual race lap times for the top few WSB's being "aprox" 2.6 - 2.9 seconds per lap slower than the MotoGP bikes this season at Losail . Times 22 laps thats a big gap at the finish line but holy moly the lap time difference above , assuming track set up identical .
Different!!

AMA SBK; 4.5 full track config

WSBK; 3 mile perimeter outer course config

Spies posted a race pace best 1:49:3 race 1. Mladin a 1:49:4 race 2. WSBK is already in the high 49's

Back