Metallica In Philly last night.

SHADiGUY1

IT IS WHAT IT IS
Donating Member
Registered
Well what can i say I love the band. Im fortunate enoguh that i have some family in the business who was able to get me backstage to meet the band. Meet james Hetfields daughter marcella it was her 7th birthday so james flew his duaghter to philadelphia from san fran to be with her on her brithday his daughter was there with lars son Miles ulrich . Here are some photos including one from back stage during pre show warmup and one of James daughter when all 40k People sang happy birthday to Marcella Hetfield after the show!!!! These photos were taken from random people from the show that i knew at the show.

kirk1.jpg

kirk2.jpg

kirk4.jpg

kirkjames.jpg

lars.jpg

marcella.jpg

met1.jpg

met2.jpg

met3.jpg

they made too much out of the MP3 thing for me... supposed to be about the music, they are more about the money I guess... (besides the pyrotechnics are probably contributing to "Global Warming" ) :rofl:

Kid Rock: "I have already made enough money, you can have all my music for free" :laugh:

bet they put on a good show huh? and is your brain still firmly attached to your head? :laugh: bet you missed the groveling through the masses of people trying to see the show?

Last edited:
i aggree bogus but thats also just as if u were an attorney or anyone would u want to work for free? Iregardless of how much u may or may not have already made. I aggree with you to a point but also see it from the other side as well.

oh someone had to do it, they were just the ones that got tagged with it.. I doubt they had much control over the issue, lawyers, producers etc had to be the driving force..

We used to do concerts at Big Surf in the 70's and 80's (was not quite as big time as concerts today) but still a tough program.. Imagine a venue that only holds 4000 people on the beach.. Pink Floyd, Black Sabbath, Nazareth and about a dozen other old school bands were on list... I got to meet Roger Waters and his family (they rented the facility the day after for the road crews and family's) Is fun doing the VIP thing :)

the real money for all of them is in the live shows.
They pretty much get raped by the record industry.
That's why the big names own their own label.

:whistle:

$crew those posers they used to be good now they $uck, and the mp3 ulrich testified on how it wrong it is...they just want they're money = douche bags...i can't see the other side of an argument when i don't know anyone who has made millions on records sales.

Last edited:
here is them rehearsing backstage before show. And bogus your right its truly an experience doing the VIP thing. I was actually able to interact with them , they are very diffrent then what they portray on stage. They are just like anyone else just fortunate to be in the position they are in . I actually met there familys as well James wife fran. And there kids. I was able to hang out with them for about 2 hours before they had to head upto boston for tonights show.

rehersal.jpg

Last edited:
That's awesome. Thanks for sharing. I have a friend who is seeing them tonight in Boston. She doesn't even want to go.....just going cuz her husband wanted to. :banghead: I told her I'D GO!! Oh well....hope she tries to have a good time.

nice pics..great band and probably some good people but i`m still not real thrilled with the whole napster thing. haven`t been able to bring myself to buy any of their stuff since Load..looks like ya had a good time though. :thumbsup:

Great pics.
Love metalica!!!
I still listen to my vinels, cassetts and cds. Don't need to add mp3s to the caos!!! :thumbsup:

yet......

Back