Me being dumb....

man... i have to second, third, and raise to the nth what everyone else has said about not letting anyone ride your bike.

you are lucky he just dropped it. i am pretty sure that had he crashed into someone you could have been liable.???

No, I have access to a traffic law book. Found out that I could have been liable to a certain degree. My insurance would have taken care of any damage, but it would not count anything against me. Then they would go after him for all the money he owed. After the charges were done, it woud go to a civil suit and have nothing to do with the law at that point...

i know my old cbr leaked gas when it was on its side fyi BUT the real problem is YOU WERE AT A BAR AND LET SOMEONE RIDE YOUR BIKE... can i barrow your bike i um... just wanna check it out.:poke:???

I guess the main point is "Dont let any one ride your bike" never mind some one you dont know. How did you know he had a licence or for that fact that he knew how to ride. I think your generosity in the biker world took over and blinded your jugment on this, but you have had to learn it the hard way.

I offerd to let some one try mine out for size, and size being the oppertive question as he wanted to see how the feel of the bike was size wise. But i took the steps of removing the key so he could not just shoot off on it.

In the UK, if i let some one ride my bike and he aint insured, its me that gets in trouble, not him.

I dont mind lending out my car, but never my bike and even with the car i have a golden rule "You Bend it, You mend it" :thumbsup:

Look I am sure we all have made some mistakes in our past. The good things is that guy can fix the plastics, and paint it. Most importantly no one was hurt! I am sure he learned not to let anyone ride his bike or his girl. I dont think he needs all of saying what a stupid idea this was bc hell he put it in the tital of his thread!

Back