Maxton Super Streetbike shootout results

rotts4u

Registered
Here are the class winners for the Super Streetbike portion of the event at the Sept 09 Maxton meet

650cc Greg Neal 176.222mph
1000cc James Carroll 183.678mph
1000cc -Power Adder Don Hass 225.697mph (Events only 4 time winner)
Unlimited Ken Klein 213.172mph
Unlimited Nitrous Jamie McLean 206.157mph
Unlimited Turbo Ben Beckert 228.8432mph Has ran over 250/Texas
150 Index David Dall 149.646mph

Good to put your face with your name outlaw. Thanks for coming up & introducing yourself. It's so hard to learn new people when you meet 30 or so all at once in the flurry of tech on Fridays! Man I can't believe I couldn't have my bike there. I thought for sure the unlimited N2O would be in the teens at least! :banghead:

Oh well maybe next year.

Debbie

Good to put your face with your name outlaw. Thanks for coming up & introducing yourself. It's so hard to learn new people when you meet 30 or so all at once in the flurry of tech on Fridays! Man I can't believe I couldn't have my bike there. I thought for sure the unlimited N2O would be in the teens at least! :banghead:

Oh well maybe next year.

Debbie

It's nice to get to know who everyone is.

I thought the numbers would have been higher too, and think the weather was just not agreeing with some of the bikes for whatever reason.

The shootout made it that much more fun~!~

Thanks both to Don and SSB for all of their effort and support to promote the sport and the racers. :bowdown:

Next time I wont be foot shifting :guns:

Some pretty nice jackets getting taken home too~!~

We are slammed with customer bikes, one person working on them, so tossing a coin on weather is not so easy. Someday we will be able to run every event, everywhere, with new bikes each year. We are not there yet. Congrats to everyone involved. :beerchug:

so tossing a coin on weather is not so easy.

Understandably a very hard coin to toss. If we made more events further away from here it would be more difficult for us to make that decision also.

Since Maxton is our primary straight line race track right now...we take more chances with the rain. We just lucked out big time this event. No rain, so I didn't complain (too much) about the heat, head wind, etc etc LoL

Turned out to be a great weekend~!~ It could have very easily turned the other way and been rained out all weekend...was pouring down only 10 miles south of us~!~

Here's a little vid BTW https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/top-speed/117674-great-weekend-maxton.html

Oh well maybe next year.

Debbie

Hey there Debbie I was the one that had to add the 3 small NO2 bottle to the bike so I would not run out by the end of the run. Thanks for your advice
:beerchug:

Hey there Debbie I was the one that had to add the 3 small NO2 bottle to the bike so I would not run out by the end of the run. Thanks for your advice

I was thinking that was you but I wasn't positive. Did you get anywhere with it? I meant to ask, do you have a controller or where you just working off the button? (thinking just a button since we weren't discussing ramp rates!)

Dadio3, na, that was just another personal best not a record or jacket! :laugh: :whistle: Sometimes we have to take our speed anyway we can get it! Especially when our hotrod is in Mass while we're in NC! :lol:

Kevin now that you are going to overtly use NOS there are many routes to take to have a progressive system that works. First thing you are going to need is a 2.5 bottle and with that you can get a little more than a 1/4 in with a big shot. Sounds like you are in good handls. Keep at it. :beerchug:

Last edited:
Just curious what are the rules for this class...do you need a headlight/tail light to qualify as a streetbike or "street legal". I know its a citation in most states to operate without one. Just curious..

Last edited:
All entrants must be ECTA eligible and fully registered and tech-inspected for the meet. All bikes must be street registered and insured and ridden by the registered owner. Otherwise, the rules are pretty simple. To encourage the hot-rodding spirit, Shootout rules allow virtually any modifications, as long as they are street legal. The class displacements referred to the engine cases only — so if you can get 800ccs out of a 650cc motor and keep it together, you are eligible for the 650cc class.

Several small rules but the main one is the license/registration has to be in the riders name. So only the owner can ride it, no jockeys... :beerchug:

Last edited:
Having gone 212.7 on my own bike, two years ago at Maxton, seems like five years now, riding your own stuff is great. Just want to be sure when I show up with a full carbon fiber bike and no headlight next year I can run it. The rules are a little vague in that area I know street legal or street bike normally means having a head light. On the jockey part we get a ton of request to ride something we build. Every now and then it happens usually sets some sort of standard. Should see that again this year as we try and get a popular friend higher up on a list of accomplished riders.

Last edited:
I'd call and ask. My guess is someone could contest it if they wanted since it's a "streetbike" class. It means many things to many people...

IMO if it doesn't have a headlight and blinkers it isn't a streetbike. Mirrors have to be removed for safety but other than that it's pretty open. When they start checking decibels on the exhaust it will get crazy....

thank God they don't check decibels and/or emissions to pass inspection. :laugh: You just have to come legit for your state just like if you were on the streets.

Back