March-Texas Mile

lar300mag

Donating Member
Registered
Is anybody planning on attending the Mile in March? I just registered, it will be my first time running.

I am registered. This will be my 3rd running.

It is a blast. Just remember to have fun.

I had heard there's issues with this event. Has a contract been worked out ?

Sounds like its been taken care of... :beerchug:

J & S Matus Motorsports, Inc.
January 16, 2012

The City of Beeville, Texas held a special council meeting today (1/16/2012) in reference to voting to utilize hotel/motel tax funds to offset the increased premium needed for the $50,000,000 insurance requirement imposed by Chase Field's Business Development Authority (BDA). The City Council voted unanimously to approve the use of $71,449.00 to offset the extensive premium required. The Texas Mile has been providing a significant economic impact to the area for the past nine years.

The Texas Mile Staff thanks the City of Beeville and officials that made this a priority. The City of Beeville has been a huge supporter of The Texas Mile and continues to demonstrate their desire to welcome us and the economic and PR impact we provide.

Now to what you all really want to hear: With this great news from the City of Beeville, we are ready to launch registration this Sunday (1/22/2012) at 2:00PM Central Standard Time. Remember that The Texas Mile has sold out in 24 hours in the past!

We look forward to seeing you in Beeville, Texas on March 23-25, 2012.

Sincerely,

Jay Matus, Shannon Matus & Jessica Reyna

Got Busa beat me to it, but it looks like they got the use of the track worked out. You guys have fun. Hopefully the wind won't be a negative factor this event. Looking forward to seeing everyones results :thumbsup:

what can you expect for a mph as a new guy at the event? passing tech / proving control?

what can you expect for a mph as a new guy at the event? passing tech / proving control?

I am about 245 unsuited and on a stock 05 with pipe and tune I ran 177.4. On a 40shot of N2O I ran 189.7. Depending on weather as well.

Depending on your weight and cajones you should be all over 180mph in the mile on a stock bike. Any mods for performance is just icing on the cake.

The new license system is pretty simple. Make a pass around 155 and move from C to B....make another pass around 185 and move from B to A....make a pass over 205 and move from A to "AA" Dont quote me on the speeds...just using memory, but that basically it. You can move up on each run if you meet the speed requirements.

Tech is lined out in the online forms. Safety first and it is taken serious at The Mile.

For everybody showing up, Be on the lookout for #828! I will be the one asking a lot of questions!

I ran it in October, I hope they fixed the bumps. I will be on vacation this time and will have to wait to October and run that one.

Buy a GPR steering stabilizer before you run. Mine was shaking over 180 last time without one. The stock one sucks

If anyone has any questions or needs any help just let me know. I'm not sure if I can get off work yet but may or may not come out for a day. Have fun, be safe, and GO FAST!!! :beerchug:

If anyone has any questions or needs any help just let me know. I'm not sure if I can get off work yet but may or may not come out for a day. Have fun, be safe, and GO FAST!!! :beerchug:

I'll be off work in a week, might have to give you a call!

Back