marble mod

Maybe this paint job.

11111111-8sm.jpg

Someone did mention this when I was talking about a slight backfire problem, Maybe they will chime back in.

You use a litlle marble to block a breathing hose somewhere at the filter box to eliminate backfires after exhaust change

The marble mod is a cheap way to block off the PAIR system. Use a marble in the air line going from the airbox to the PAIR valve. This mod is done with an aftermarket exhaust to eliminate the popping sound on deceleration.

Won't do anything with stock pipes.

Are the images above for gen1?

Need some clarification because I tried this with one hose, and the bike eventually stopped running after 10-20 seconds. So either I'm playing with the wrong hose or it's essential to plug the hose back after putting the marble in it...?

Does anyone have an image of the hose that needs suffocating on a gen2 please?

It doesn't really accomplish much other than to make it stop popping a little. It doesn't quicken response, or anything other than the noise elimination. I agree with you. I kind of liked the popping

I installed a pair of Hedman shorties and the popping was just plain obnoxious. It was popping so loud I thought someone was shooting at me. :laugh: Anyway, the marble mod worked perfectly and the popping is gone 100%. Now I get a nice rumble when I let off the throttle.

Back