Mac and Windows, Who's got what?

Speed King

Banned
I was just wondering, who's got a macintosh and who's got windows?

If ya have both, what do you prefer over the other?

I have an Imac with parallels desktop installed.
Parallels desktop is a sort of software to where you can have windows on your Mac.

Mac's just seem soo much more simpler, no virus or security software that ya have to install, no blue screen of death.

For those of ya that have windows, don't ya think its time to get a mac. LOL

I have been trying to install "Bitdefender total security 2011" on my Parallels desktop for a wile and when its almost done installing my parallels desktop crashes with the blue screen of death.

Think I will go back to "Kaspersky total security" For my parallels desktop.

Kaspersky and Bitdefender security software are supposed to be the best.

I have been trying to install "Bitdefender total security 2011" on my Parallels desktop for a wile and when its almost done installing my parallels desktop crashes with the blue screen of death.

Think I will go back to "Kaspersky total security" For my parallels desktop.

Kaspersky and Bitdefender security software are supposed to be the best.

I thought you said there weren't security issues or blue screens?:whistle:

Ive got windows and dont know a darn thing about mac's.

I have a MacBook and love it. I got it about a year ago and am still learning about it. I had always had windows but kept getting hit with viress. No trouble with my mac yet. The Mac tec downloaded a thing called OpenOffice.org and it so far i have been able to anything i could do with windows Here is the link OpenOffice.org - The Free and Open Productivity Suite Look for the download and you should be OK

Windows 7 x64 on 6GB or RAM, an SSD and & Dual Athlon 5600s.

I look after 150 machines all day including macs, that's why I don't own a mac.

Windows 7 has never crashed on me, never given me a blue screen and is basically more stable than anything I have ever used, including Mac OS.

And hey, we can't help it if nobody bothers to design viruses for Macs. :whistle:

Mac guy here, running Windows 7 with bootcamp when needed for academic stuff. Much prefer the mac side. Programming...high performance computing...is much easier with a mac in my opinion and thats why I have it.

love my mac's. The wife uses windows because she hates the mac interface? Dunno on that one.

Nope, macbook pro, 2.5 ghz dual core intel with 4 gb ram. We have an eject hardkey in the keyboard
Posted via Mobile Device

HP Touchsmart with windows. Have been using it somewhat less since I got the Droid X. It does pretty much everything except big pictures......

Windows....looked at the Mac & didn't like it. I don't do any video editing or major graphics editing, so I don't need that. I'll stick with what I know. Btw, I've not had a BSOD ever. This goes all the way back to Win3.1 & 3.11........

I guess that's what I get for building them myself. I'll be doing that again this winter...Christmas break from work should be very frustrating & fun.

I've got a dell inspiron with windows and dad has a macbook pro. I really want a macbook pro, but just can't afford it. Something with windows 7 might be good (I'm still running xp) but I really like the mac. I'm just tired of all the issues I've had with all the windows based machines we've had over the years. Every time a new version of windows comes out they always say "you won't have those issues with this new version" and then either the same issues or just as many different ones show up. My windows comp crashes every 6 months to a year, has been formatted 3 times and one hard drive replaced. The mac is workin on its second year with no issues. Just been my experience. Maybe I just have bad luck with windows machines.

Mac all the way. Been using them for about five years. Have a Macbook Pro which is now set up as my home computer and a Macbook Air which I use for work and personal when I'm on the move. Also have various other Apple stuff about the house.

Ditched my work ThinkPad as soon as I joined the company and set up Dynamic Desktop on my Macbook Air so I can access all my work stuff without having to lug around a bloody great IBM laptop. (I work for CSC, we sell Dynamic Desktop!)

Back