Lowering question

speed750

Registered
If I turn my bars full lock, it looks like there is only an inch or so before the fluid res' would hit the windscreen. I want to install 1" reaper riser's and then drop the bike 1". That would put the bars 2 inches up, right? Will they bump the windscreen?
rock.gif

Yes, the bike will only drop 1 inch. But if the forks go up 1 inch and my bars are raised 1 inch that puts me 2 inches closer to the screen, I think? I guess my question is "any clearance problems with a 2 inch drop?"

Like Ran said. It will only move the distance of the spacer added. Even though you are going to lower it the 1" the fairing and handlebars will move that inch together. So you are not dropping 2" only 1"

super.gif
  so get it done and dont forget the pics
and welcome to the board
beerchug.gif

3" drop, it rubs a little when the bars are turned full lock.

DSC01662.jpg

But lets be serious you only turn when you are parking and locking the bike. Right
rock.gif

The price you pay to ride low.

Damn Heavy! lets see a side profile of your ride. She looks real clean from the cockpit veiw.

(KoK-LoL @ Nov. 18 2006,05:09) Damn Heavy! lets see a side profile of your ride. She looks real clean from the cockpit veiw.
I wanna see!
beerchug.gif

Thinking about lowering mine, I dont know about 3", but 1" to 1.5" all around maybe... 3" has to look sick!

Thanks guys! I wouldnt recomend 3" on any bumpy roads, it is not comfortable. But on the highway or city streets its the best.

DSC01671.jpg

Hopefully new paint soon to come!!

(heavybusa @ Nov. 18 2006,12:08) excuse the chicken strips, I am not a canyon carver.

DSC01664.jpg
Dayum Greg ! That's the widest strip I've ever seen !
poke.gif
laugh.gif
It's like 3 inches on each side !
laugh.gif
poke.gif
She sure is purty though !
wink.gif

laugh.gif

poke.gif

(carolinadoublej @ Nov. 18 2006,14:16) Good looking ride!
beerchug.gif
laugh.gif
...He doesn't really ride it , just trailers it to different locations for fancy photos.
wink.gif

Back