Lowered Busa Tipping Over?

OB_13Reasons

Registered
I have purchased lowering dog bones and straps and remember reading something about modifiying the sidestand to prevent it from falling over but of course I cant find the posting on this and I want to install my parts can anyone help?

..becareful!...

'lantabusa lowered his busa and one day after being parked for 3 hours it tipped over! Maybe talk to him first..he apparently shaved down his sidestand stop also...

Be more than careful.

With 3" lower it will stand almost straight up on stock side stand and with slight nudge it will go over.

Park on slope with handle bar to the left and prey no one goes near it. Don't forget to leave in gear.

GP

Grind a small amount of material off of the sidestand where it contacts the stop. That way it swings further forward when it is down. The further forward it goes, the lower the bike will sit on it, and the harder it is to roll forward off of the sidestand. Always put it in first gear and push it forward to take the slack out of the drivetrain before setting it on the stand. God bless.

13R, I make a sidestand mod kit that works pretty well at keeping the sidestand from self retracting due to a forward force on the bike (like when its pointing down hill). I never thought about how it would work on a lowered bike so I tried a simulation.

To simulate lowering the bike 2" I put a 2" thick board under the sidestand pad. The bike ends up close to vertical this way, but there is enough lean to the left to keep it from flopping over on the right side.

The sidestand mod still did its job. So I would say that if you want some tipover protection for your lowered bike, the sidestand mod will give it to you.

see www.shermworks.com/moto.htm for info.

purchase another sidestand, shorten it the same amount you lowered the bike and when you get tired of dragging the chassis around corners put it back stock.

I took a little over 1 inch out of my sidestand and i ground it so it would go foward more. No more problems no matter how i park the bike.

DO NOT ORDER THE CRAPPY BOTTLE/BRUSH PAINT FROM COLORITE UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES IT SUXXXXXXXXXX!!!!!!!!!!

talking to themotorhead yest., he started laffing at me when I told him I had the bottle/brush---get the SPRAYCAN.

If you cut or grind the pad off of the bottom of the sidestand, it will leave a little tiny ice pick shaped tip with 550 lbs of motorcycle on top of it. It may push through hot asphalt and fall over anyway.

Whatever you do, do SOMETHING before you lower it. I'm in bodywork repair HELL as we speak. Grind the sidestand where it hits stops, sherms's stuff, whatever, don't let it happen, it totally sucks.

I have already experienced it falling off the stand and its not lowered yet and the pain in my heart in unbearable a y2k Blue Bus with tiny chips in the paint I could scream!

Back