Lost Key, tried everything

karlmalone1

Registered
Hey dudes i have an 06 LE hayabusa and i lost my keys the other day :banghead: ....i've searched ALL over for them and the moral of the story is i'm never going to find them. I called a locksmith to come create a new key and he arrived today, tried for 3 hours to work his magic, and oddly he could only get the key to unlock the gas tank....he noted this was weird, and he kept trying to get the ignition to work, but failed. Am i SOL here? Do i have to buy a new ignition and lock set? Or, if some very nice man lives in the Columbus area and wants to give me their spare key for me to try:please:, i would be gloriously thankful....I just have no clue why bike manufacturers don't have the key code with VIN number, like car companies do. It's ridiculous. But anywho, i'm rambling, angry, sad, and just want to ride. Any suggestions?

Bikes do come with a key code. Either you threw it wayor lost it not knowing what it was or the person that owned the bike before you did the same.

did you buy the bike new or used from a dealer? Sometimes they still have the key code info on the bikes they sell.
I'm 2 hours south of Columbus.

Never looked at a Busa lockset, but my old Honda V45 Sabre had the code stamped on all the locks. It was not in a readily visible place. For example, the ignition switch had to be removed and then the "shroud" around the lock taken off... but the key code was stamped on the lock cylinder.

Hey dudes i have an 06 LE hayabusa and i lost my keys the other day :banghead: ....i've searched ALL over for them and the moral of the story is i'm never going to find them. I called a locksmith to come create a new key and he arrived today, tried for 3 hours to work his magic, and oddly he could only get the key to unlock the gas tank....he noted this was weird, and he kept trying to get the ignition to work, but failed. Am i SOL here? Do i have to buy a new ignition and lock set? Or, if some very nice man lives in the Columbus area and wants to give me their spare key for me to try:please:, i would be gloriously thankful....I just have no clue why bike manufacturers don't have the key code with VIN number, like car companies do. It's ridiculous. But anywho, i'm rambling, angry, sad, and just want to ride. Any suggestions?

So a guy with 2 post who just joined here "needs to figure a way" to not mess up the Busa in his Posession that is most likely STOLEN!

What city are you from?

I see complete locksets with keys on ebay all the time.

I know, but i'd rather not spend 300 + bucks here, and plus i'd have to wait a while. But i guess i gotta do what i gotta do for being an unorganized piece. Grrr once i get new keys i'm gonna make 43 copies.

I have locksets way cheaper than $300 :rofl:..I also have masters,remove ignition switch and send to me will make copy for you..

I could overnight today but you only have about 20mins and depending on where you are overnight still could be 2 days..paypal is fine..

some keys(gixxer) have the chips in them that co-inside with a code used by the ecu....

as far as i know only the 08,09's have them not shure about 07 but my 06 does not witch i am kind of glad about and i have a spare key :laugh:

I know, but i'd rather not spend 300 + bucks here, and plus i'd have to wait a while. But i guess i gotta do what i gotta do for being an unorganized piece. Grrr once i get new keys i'm gonna make 43 copies.

Once you get your key, you don't have to make copies. The way I keep my key is this. After taking my helmet off, I hook it to the D-ring. The only way I will misplace my key is if I misplaced my helmet. Hope this tip helps you keep your key next time.

Back