Lost key inside cowling!

billbell

Jap is where it's at!
Donating Member
Registered
I took my key out of the ignition and it slipped out of my hand, to the left side of the handle bars, inside the opening on the inside by the radiator! It was the first time I had loosen up the plastic on my bike and it was pretty much dark out! I finally got it out but hopefully the next time my plastic comes off it will be daytime! LOL

Lucky you. When I dropped my key it was into the hump as I closed it I noticed it but tooo late. On the side of the dayum highway at night in the rain trying to get the hump off. NOW, I use the "HUMP OPENER MOD". Tie a piece of spider wire fishing line to your pull connector and route it so that if needed you can remove the pop rivits pull the line and put it back together. Pain in the butt however it opens.

Lucky you.  When I dropped my key it was into the hump as I closed it I noticed it but tooo late.  On the side of the dayum highway at night in the rain trying to get the hump off.  NOW, I use the "HUMP OPENER MOD".  Tie a piece of spider wire fishing line to your pull connector and route it so that if needed you can remove the pop rivits pull the line and put it back together.  Pain in the butt however it opens.
Excellent tip!
beerchug.gif

Back