Lost a friend this week

Sorry it took me a bit to post to this, I usually don’t like posting on the emotional or personal threads until I can actually read and interpret what was posted.
I can tell that tacky was one of those guys that no matter the day your having could make you laugh till you cried. Who prob even in his old age had a punch that would leave you asking WTF? After he socks you one jokeingly. It’s these men who enlighten us on the “good old days” and you can picture their lives and what they experienced. I’m sorry that you lost someone close and special to you Greg. We are all here for you

It’s funny you said this. He used to always say he was going to punch me in the face and then if I hit him back he was going to act like a feeble old man. Hahahaha.

Thanks everyone. I was sad there for a bit, but every time I see a picture or talk about him it makes me smile. I was proud to know him and consider him family. He was absolutely hilarious and we had some damn good times.

A trip to Washington we did.
1E3EB527-CC2C-4C28-84CC-3AEDC3696628.jpeg

The 40mm gun he served on and actually fired aboard the USS Salem. He hadn’t seen this ship since the 1950’s. I found out it was in Quincy Ma and we took a trip. We got a special tour on the ship and they took us everywhere.
DC656E00-E253-4587-B860-DE2833BFD43D.jpeg

Last edited:
It’s funny you said this. He used to always say he was going to punch me in the face and then if I hit him back he was going to act like a feeble old man. Hahahaha.

Thanks everyone. I was sad there for a bit, but every time I see a picture or talk about him it makes me smile. I was proud to know him and consider him family. He was absolutely hilarious and we had some damn good times.

View attachment 1596346
The 40mm gun he served on and actually fired aboard the USS Salem. He hadn’t seen this ship since the 1950’s. I found out it was in Quincy Ma and we took a trip. We got a special tour on the ship and they took us everywhere.
View attachment 1596347

That is so cool that you got a tour of the boat he served on. My Grandfather served in WW2, but never talked about his service. After he died we found his writings about the war and his service. It was odd to think of the kind, quiet school teacher I knew driving around Italy as a tank commander.

View attachment 1596346
View attachment 1596347
That is absolutely awesome!

Back