Lord Retardo, Idioto, whatever you call him...

jdsbusa

Registered
So I'm trying to be a nice guy and search ebay for a used full system for another guy here considering tips....and come across a set of used lord retardo tips....
eBay Motors: 99-07 Hayabusa Exhaust (Lord Humongous) Used 500 Miles (item 250402241017 end time Apr-15-09 17:39:30 PDT)

I check pic 3 because it looks way close to something I recognize.....I knew this guy was using auto tips, just wasn't sure what they were...but I know 100% these are Heddman headers "hot tips". I had built my own tips last year before going to a full system and used these exact same tips on my bike. The resonator inside with the red paint was the dead giveaway. Too bad there's not a way to out this guy to anyone considering his listings. Those tips can be had at Jegs for about $20 each for anyone that WAS (hopefully after reading this) considering buying from him. Save the dough and get them from Jegs and buy clamps and you've done exactly what he's trying to sell for hundreds.

Not so much. if you own something, you're entitled to ask whatever you want for them. it's the buyer's option to buy them or not buy them.

Now, if he's misrepresenting what they will or will not fit, then thats a completely different issue.

and for a minute, I thought the title was about me ????.......I mean, I've been called worse.... :oldcool:

I pointed this out to someone a long time ago after they made the mistake of buying theirs from him. He's local...never met him.

If I buy those exhaust tips and install them on my busa (not the LH ones but the JEGS ones) ,will I have to do any thing else to the bike. I see a couple things about re-maping? I dont know what that is?

I had the Hedmans on my ZX-14 which I have since sold. They are weld on tips 2" inlet and just a little bit loose fitting. The clamps helped tighten them up but I also drilled through the side of the Hedman into the header and added a small sheet metal screw just for insurance. They really look cool but were too loud for my neighbors. A friend of mine took his dremel and cut half a dozen small slots around the inlet end so that a clamp could compress it better and he didnt use a sheet metal screw. Either way, they were fun and cheap. I just looked up my bill from Jegs. $57.97 delivered for two.

zx14r.jpg

zx14r.jpg

Last edited:
Back