Looky....looky!!!!!

If you use the C clip type master links you can do use safety wire and epoxy instead of the clip and if will never come off. Want me to post pics?

You guyz are using a "C-CLIP STYLE MASTER LINK" :( on a "O-RING" chain WTF? Is this "SAFE", whats the tensil strength of clip vr's chain? PLEASE enlightening me :please: Thx

Here is the safety wire that I use. It is .032 in diameter. Price was $15.00 and I dont remember where I got it.
MVC-003F-4.jpg

View attachment 1510606
Your typical C clip
MVC-001F-4.jpg

Now of course this will be done on the bike with the chain installed and the link face pressed on already. Notice how the safety wire fits into the groove on the pin. Twisting is done with a pair of plyers. Be careful with the end of the safety wire. It will pierce the skin. Twist it until it is tight, you can also do a figure 8 pattern.

MVC-004F-2.jpg

MVC-005F-2.jpg

When the front is done you can wrap it around the face link. The is enough room to make it past the sprockets. Just make sure you clean the lube off of the link with carb cleaner. You can apply epoxy to the face of the chain

MVC-006F-1.jpg

MVC-007F.jpg

You guyz are using a "C-CLIP STYLE MASTER LINK" :( on a "O-RING" chain WTF? Is this "SAFE", whats the tensil strength of clip vr's chain? PLEASE enlightening me :please: Thx

Some guys will run 2 c clips. That way they can add a small length of chain (or remove it) when they adjust the wheelbase for dragracing and go back to a shorter wheelbase. (go from 70 inch to 65 inch).

Some guys will run 2 c clips. That way they can add a small length of chain (or remove it) when they adjust the wheelbase for dragracing and go back to a shorter wheelbase. (go from 70 inch to 65 inch).

Thanks Gixx, But obvious this is not very "safe" right? Hence the post above about "spitting the chain off his bike", seems like this c-clip link was the reason. Maybe your "safety wire & eppxy trick" is safer! I just dont know about running a c-clip link on an o-ring chain :dunno:

Thanks Gixx, But obvious this is not very "safe" right? Hence the post above about "spitting the chain off his bike", seems like this c-clip link was the reason. Maybe your "safety wire & eppxy trick" is safer! I just dont know about running a c-clip link on an o-ring chain :dunno:

I have seen many C clips pop off. Rivet type is the best. I have been using Safety wire for many years and never have a problem. The C clip type is reusable if you use safety wire and epoxy.

do you have a purge setup? if not and you want one,send me a pm,I have a brand new in the box purge kit.I bought for $65 + shipping, will sell substantially less if interested.I bought it thinking i burned up my selonoid,turned out to be a parted wire

Rivet link is on, now I can finally relax. I couldnt chance busting that thing up. Took alot to finish this one And i'm not willing to do it again right now. Thanks GSXR1300 and Toxsiick for the help. Sorry we got off on a bad note, but Its in the past now....later

BigJ aka Bigfootatplay of C4 Racing &
Suzuki City BadBoyz member

That all good but I will not give Tech support to anyone that buys my Spraybar 2nd hand.Also there is no components warranty on 2nd hand Spraybars. I keep detailed records on who I sell them to so if you buy them used. You are on your own.

Phil,glad you like it. Give me a call when you get a chance :cheerleader::cheerleader:

I am glad I read this as I would never buy a product from someone not willing to stand behind it. If you buy a Brock Sidewinder used, he will still assist you with maps and everything. Sounds to me like someone is in it for the money and not the enjoyment of knowing that his products are helping someone go faster than the next guy. That is how business should be handled. So if any one knows of someone making a spray bar that will stand behind their products let me know.

I am glad I read this as I would never buy a product from someone not willing to stand behind it. If you buy a Brock Sidewinder used, he will still assist you with maps and everything. Sounds to me like someone is in it for the money and not the enjoyment of knowing that his products are helping someone go faster than the next guy. That is how business should be handled. So if any one knows of someone making a spray bar that will stand behind their products let me know.

And I can name 20 examples of makers of prodcuts that will NOT warranty or give tech support to used parts. There are many others that make and sell spraybars. Do a search.

First off your a LITTLE confused about brock, yes he "may" help you with maps(doubt it!). But you still cannot get access to is "secret forum section" without buying brand new from him or a authorised dealer(and YES he does check)!
GSXR1300R IS A STAND UP GUY, and has assisted me ALOT on n2o and his spraybar(MANY MANY others as well) even BEFORE i actually made the purchase! He is constantly on here and many other forums helping many folks out that he doesnt even know, how many other manufactures out there you see doing that FOR FREE? So just because you read one post, you should not base your facts off that. You dont even know why he said that.....maybe there is some bad history and some "i told you soo" things there on that transaction that you or i dont know anything about! I guarantee you would not be disappointed in Nick or his products.

I have access to the maps and the if you wanna call it "secret" forum. As long as he can track where it came from he will help you. Brocks is a great company and I will continue to do business with them.

I have access to the maps and the if you wanna call it "secret" forum. As long as he can track where it came from he will help you. Brocks is a great company and I will continue to do business with them.

Glad to hear it bro, i'm a customer of brocks myself.....and yes he is a VERY good guy and i also will continue to do business with him :thumbsup: BUT soo is GIXX1300R! All im trying to say is dont take a (1) "FLAMED" post between two people that none of us have ALL the facts on and base that off whether to do business with the man. You dont have to take my word for it(hell really you dont have to take anyones, this is america and if you just dont like him then thats your right)do some searching on "spraybars" on some other forums and see what you come up with about how he stands behind his products and who makes the BEST out there.....pretty sure i know what your gonna find though ??? Good luck either way though man. :beerchug:

Back