Looking back at the Crash Scene

DougE

Registered
It's been about a year and a half now since i had my accident and i can finally look back at the pictures that were taken from the scene. I was riding home and at one of the intersections, someone turned in front of me. She claimed that the sun was in her eyes and didnt see me. All I can remember was trying to brake when i saw the car coming but after that, i can't remember. I woke up on the road surrounded by people. The first thing i asked was for someone to get my phone and take pictures of the accident. it was such a long day waiting for the tow truck, getting information from police and then a friend drove me home.

I ended up going to the hospital to get treated but at the time only had minor cuts and bruises. Fast forward a few days and I was going to PT for my neck, back and hips. It took a while to get better but it did get better. Although I still have daily back pain, i can manage and i dont have any long lasting injuries. It was a scary day for me but glad i made it out alive.

The bike was totaled. frame was broken in two spots, tank was damaged and the whole front end was bent.

IMG-2821.JPG
IMG-2835.JPG
IMG-2838.JPG

Wow.... that sucks.
The dent in the fuel tank... how’s your Crown Jewels?
Seriously though, you certainly were fortunate to make it out alive without serious life long injuries.
Did you get paid out by her insurance?
fortunately, they are working 100% lol.
I agree that i was very fortunate to have made it out with no serious injuries. It could have been a lot worse.
Yes, i got paid out by her insurance. She was deemed at fault for failure to yield the right of way.

Back