Lookin for a bike

mrninja9

Banned
ok my ex g/f called me and she has decided to get a bike i told her hell no. but oh well so no she thinks i need to help her find one i stll like her so i am trying to find her a decent one so if any of you knows where she can find a decent starter bike hit me up

TKM will be puttin her GSX750F (which translated to a 750 Katana) up for sale soon~ Great starter bike, but we are down here in FL~ I'm sure you'll find something closer to home... but if not.. PM TheKatsMeow on it...
smile.gif

let me know what kinda bike she wants and I bet I can find one pretty cheep for ya. I have a friend that can get just about anything you want

I have a 1986 GSXR1100. Bone stock I may be selling...but I don't know how much $ she wants to spend. Those bikes are actually getting to the point that they are worth a little something again..who knew??
blush.gif

Over at onedownfiveup.com
Sportbike1006 has a Ninja EX 500 that he is looking to unload.
Will do what is needed to make the deal.

first bike ever.. did she ride your busa?

cant go wrong with a used ninja250..
if she is sure she wants a bike and some experience.

my sister loves the size of gsx600r low seat hight.

im with timmyduck... buy that ex500. its a friend of ours.. i'll even meet you halfway somewhere if you want to deliver lol.

Gotta second a 250...  Light, low, (for a sport bike), and not enough power to easily get acquainted with the term "high side".  Cheap, too.  A new one can be had for $3K, so used ones can be had for near pocket change.

Can't say many good things about the EX500, as it weighs in at the same weight as a Busa.
wow.gif

Just too many people think that a 600 makes a good starter bike.  
wow.gif

<!--EDIT|TheAtomicAss
Reason for Edit: None given...|1140073191 -->

wow.gif

Gotta second a 250...  Light, low, (for a sport bike), and not enough power to easily get acquainted with the term "high side".  Cheap, too.  A new one can be had for $3K, so used ones can be had for near pocket change.

Can't say many good things about the EX500, as it weighs in at the same weight as a Busa.  
wow.gif

Just too many people think that a 600 makes a good starter bike.  
wow.gif
You know the last part of your name really fits you.
Killing other peoples sales attempts with false info.
Show me where a EX 500 weights 550 lbs.
mad.gif

<!--EDIT|TIMMYDUCK
Reason for Edit: None given...|1140076824 -->

wow.gif

First bike.... Tell her to invest some coin in a Rider Safety Coarse, before riding her new bike on the road. Great opportunity to get on someone elses bike and ride.

You know the last part of your name really fits you.
Killing other peoples sales attempts with false info.
Show me where a EX 500 weights 550 lbs.
mad.gif
I'll have to find the previous years model brochure, because the 500 is no longer on Kawi's site, but I could swear the dry weight is like 490.  IIRC, the dry weight of a Busa is only 478.

I'm not trying to kill your sale, but when I was trying to decide what bike to get the 500 was on my list of maybe's until I saw the weight.  I had to do a doubletake when I realized it was more than the dry weight of a 12.

I'll find that brochure around here somewhere.

Edit: Well, the dry weight is 388, according to several sites I visited. I found my brochure and it does say 488, though, misprint I guess.

<!--EDIT|TheAtomicAss
Reason for Edit: None given...|1140113994 -->

My wife started out on an FZR600 and after about two years of that she moved on to a Bandit 1200S. Have her start off with no more than a 600cc give her time to grow into it... You start her off on too big and she will give it up because it will be too much for her to handle.

Jay.jpg

Back