look out wheelie kings

Wow what pics. My brother did the exact same thing in 1999 on his black and silver busa with 2500k on it. He was also dressed the same. Hope things heal up well. I dont know how your insurance works were you are but he got paid an amount depending on how large the scares were. Some sort of equation they have. Makes you want to pick your scabs. Now he ownes a 99 R1.
Keep your stick on the ice!
Paid? For snafu-ing a wheelie? This kind of thing is what pisses me off.. insurance is high enough for someone who doesn't do stupid shid on their bikes.. now my quotes increase because of idiot claims like this.
si.

Damn Zorander, who was taking the pics? Was it a movie or a still camera? Hope you have a speedy recovery.

pants- it was a pretty nice digital still camera that took really high res pics. I had to seriously scale down the ones he sent me. A Sony, I believe, with autofocus.

Sounds like my digital.. Sony DSC-P9.. 2272x1704 resolution.. 4 megapixels.. have had it for over a year.. there are even higher resolution ones available. These models do have video too.. I recorded about 5 minutes of 320x240 res video on a 128mb card a week ago.
si.

hey guys thanks for the love!  Luckily I came out with only some lovely rasberries on my legs, thighs and ass (my ass was too big for the rest of me anyway)  The only thing I was missing gearwise that day were the pants and guess what hit the ground first. :sad:  Anyway give me a couple of weeks and I'll be good as new.  The bike...well the bike is dead.  The subframe is bent 90 degrees and the frame has got a huge crack in it.  Nothing that bolts on is left on the bike, it all got twisted or thrown off.  Oddly enough the engine doesn't have a single scratch on it. Hmmm. I went and saw it today, the repair estimate in case you were wondering is $22,700 ish  heh.  
Funny thing about wheelies is, it's generally not when you're learning them that they get you, it's when you are all comfortable and they don't scare you anymore.  So they have to remind you that they are scarey.  Postal- I definately do not suggest this particular method of landing a wheelie. Craigabusa- If they pay me per "scare" then they owe me a whole lot of money :) (sorry bro I couldn't resist)  FYI the wife didn't say that I couldn't get another bike, just that I couldn't get another one "soon"  heh  winters coming anyway..I can wait a little while.  Just happy I didn't hear the word "NEVER"  sorry for the book guys, and thanks for the support.  Be Safe, push your limits, just not too hard, keep the shiney side up, and WEAR YOUR GEAR!!!

Z
Zor: Let me again say the picture was done to cheer you up. I'm glad you have a good sense of humor too. Also, let me again say that I am glad you are okay. We're a big family here (group hug) and when one of our own goes down we all care. Can't you just feel the love man?

Postal.

Holy Sheat! That is an amazing photo, especially considering your injuries were not worse. WOW! Best wishes healing and getting the new ride....

Zorander,

I hate to say it but can you post the pics of the bike? I am curious to see how good or bad it held up in the crash.

:sad:

Damn that sucks. And I was going to invite you again to another Dragstrip bash next month......uggghhhh!!!

Glad you are ok though. I hope you get another Busa..

Steve

Sorry about the bent up scooter, but at least you're here. Before my little spill last month I thought about wheelies, but quickly got over that. This just helps remind me not to do something stupid.

Glad you're ok. Is the goal to leave your wife husband-less? If so, you're probably on your way to accomplishing the goal. Just kidding. I don't have any problem with people wanting to push their limits on very expensive toys. But having seen those pictures I remember now why I'll never try stunts that even when successful are very very very bad for your expensive bike.

Back